Wow, that was a performance that even Lucas Johnson would be impressed with!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I love how we absolutely were the aggressor the entire night, we gave up very few easy shots, we crashed the boards, allowed very few second chance opportunities for the Illini - basically we did what the Illini have done to us for almost a decade and what Purdue did to us last week.

I love how well the big men played D tonight.

Congrats to the Gophers for playing with the toughness we've lacked the last few games.

Go Gophers!!

Where the hell did that come from. Wow. I guess I need to start being irrationally exuberant again!

Haven't heard that name in a while! If my memory serves me correctly, Lucas Johnson drew at least 3 charges every game.

Great game by the Gophers!!

We've known the bigs would have their ups and downs. Tonight it was great to see Ralph & Colt have very nice games at the same time. Not dominating, but their play inside against a smaller team was exactly what was needed. I was expecting more from Illinois. Our help defense seemed to intimidate them. I saw very few times where we scrambled after the help defense, leaving a wide open three... especially against a very good shooting three guard offense. - Great preparation & execution

I couldn't agree more, I loved they way the big men played D and rebounded tonight. Iverson was very aggressive and I think played his best Big Ten game. Ralph played well on defense as well, and I also though both big men (but especially Ralph) seemed more confident with the ball in their hands on the offensive end. I am usually not a fan of playing the 2 big men together, but against a team like Illinois that also has a 7 footer, we don't have the same matchup issues that we do against the smaller teams.

I think the on the ball defense from the guards deserves recognition too, as Illinois had a tough time finding driving lines or open perimeter jumpers.

Haven't heard that name in a while! If my memory serves me correctly, Lucas Johnson drew at least 3 charges every game.

Great game by the Gophers!!

I know Lucas and his family. Tough kid on the court. Very smart off it. His brother Brian played for Illini too.

I love how we absolutely were the aggressor the entire night, we gave up very few easy shots, we crashed the boards, allowed very few second chance opportunities for the Illini - basically we did what the Illini have done to us for almost a decade and what Purdue did to us last week.

I love how well the big men played D tonight.

Congrats to the Gophers for playing with the toughness we've lacked the last few games.

Go Gophers!!

Amazing performance by the Gophers - and maybe Tubby just happens to know what he is doing with his 10 man rotation.

Top Bottom