Wow - Oregon RB suspended for season!

To be honest....

I was kind of expecting a ButtBoy kind of punishment here. A "you have to sit out the first play of the second drive" Wisconsin special. I am amazed at a full season suspenion. Not sure if a full season fits the crime, but you got to admit that it sure sends a message.

Honestly, I could have seen a lighter suspension had he simply had an altercation with the Boise State player, which was bad enough in and of itself.

But Blount complicated the situation immensely by taking after one of his own teammates right after his run-in with the Boise player and then almost going into the stands a few moments later. There is absolutely no reason for either of those actions under any circumstance and I have a feeling that had a lot to do with him no longer being a Duck.

He should've gotten 1 or 2 games for the punch but I think him taking it much further then the punch is what led to this...fighting with his own teammates didn't help, smh.......

He represented Oregon, and every time Oregon plays be it Football, Basketball or whatever Oregon will be associated with his actions. The School and Team should have expelled him. Made it clear they want nothing to do with him and his actions do not refelect the University. We have had players who were accused and found not quilty who were expelled based on a code of conduct. Either we hold players to higher standard here, or Oregon doesn't get it.

Have you ever seen Oregon's uniforms?

Either we hold players to higher standard here, or Oregon doesn't get it.

They obviously don't get it.
I have no problem with the sentence, just surprised how it came down. Mike Belotti was never know as having much discipline, the new guy is putting his stamp on things. Good for him, now if they just get Nike to knock it off, things would really be moving the right way...

I think hitting his pads

really set him off. I have finally seen the whole thing, it was pretty bad.

This guy killed his draft stock. ESPN had him rated as the 56th overall best player (2nd or 3rd rounder) for next years draft. One punch cost him a few million dollars.

As for what the Boise St. guy said I think it was along the lines of "How about that a$$ whoopin." (with some other colorful language). He was getting talked smacked to because he was the one who stated in SI that Oregon owed Boise St. a whoopin and payback for last year.

Top Bottom