Wow, Matt Painter's doing a job at Purdue

Purdue was a good basketball team last year and I feel like they are only getting better. I hope we get to their level in the next year or so...

When you can get a kid to commit who has the likes of Oklahoma State and Xavier after him, when you don't currently have a scholarship available and that kid says he'll go to prep school for a year if one doesn't open up. . .well, that's quite a job of recruiting in my book.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/06/24/purdue.ap/index.html

There's no scholarship available at this very moment but word around the program is that JuJuan Johnson will likely jump to the NBA after next season, thus freeing up a scholly. Hummel and Moore are flight risks as well but IMHO, they both should and need to stay 4 years. Donnie Hale is a local Indiana kid who has dreamed about playing for the Boilers since he was vey young so this was not surprising.

Also, despite visiting Oklahoma St. and Xavier, he never officially received an offer from either.

Purdue was a good basketball team last year and I feel like they are only getting better. I hope we get to their level in the next year or so...

Boilers in 2005 and 2006 were in the same boat as Minnesota in 2007.

Gophers are about a year behind but will ctach up in 2010 and 2011.

Top Bottom