Wow, Marshall Bjorklund!

The "nobody else offered him" argument is a typically stupid DP reply.

How so? Anyone can sit and look back at recruits 4 years later and say "Shoulda, woulda, coulda." Frequently sticking your neck out for recruits that NONE of your peers want will end up burning you in the long run (Ahanmisi, Armelin being great examples in the 2010 class alone) - particularly in basketball, where you have 13 scholarships instead of 85. There is zero evidence of some great basketball insight to sit here and say this 4 years later. It is absolutely 100% hindsight. Period.

"Typically stupid". Durr hurr hurr.

I actually played a few aau games with and against Marshall and he was pretty much unguardable once he got in the post. He was one heck of a basketball player and very nice guy as well.

Now with over 350 D1 basketball programs, and all of these directional schools playing D1 ball in our border states, they take a mid-major or low-major scholarship rather than walking on at the U.

There is only one Division I "directional school" in a border state: Northern Iowa.

Unless, of course, you consider UND, USD, SDSU, and NDSU directional schools from that state to the west called "Dakota."

I am not sure what the parallel is here for the basis of this tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Helped <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> to play South Dakota St instead of North Dakota St. Would've been a tough one. Bison pulled off nice win vs. Notre Dame.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/411181344211730433">December 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The Bison are a good bit better than the Bunnies. They might be favored in a hypothetical game against the Gophers in Fargo.

The Bison are a good bit better than the Bunnies. They might be favored in a hypothetical game against the Gophers in Fargo.

They are at this point. But in a one bid conference like the Summit , the only thing that matters is how you are playing in March. By that time , Denver and maybe even SDSU could end the Bison season. And to provide some perspective , just a couple of weeks ago NDSU went up to Grand Forks and got hammered by the "other" UND.

They are at this point. But in a one bid conference like the Summit , the only thing that matters is how you are playing in March. By that time , Denver and maybe even SDSU could end the Bison season. And to provide some perspective , just a couple of weeks ago NDSU went up to Grand Forks and got hammered by the "other" UND.

Clever.

I saw Bjorklund play at the State Tournament his Senior year. He had a solid game, but got no help from his teammates. My gut reaction (based on admittedly small sample size) was that Bjorklund was a fringe D1 prospect - based on what I perceived as a relative lack of foot speed. I thought he would wind up at a low-level D1 program or a good D2 school. Also, my reaction was he had to play inside - didn't see him moving out to the perimeter to play PF.

It's tough evaluating some of these big kids from smaller schools becuse they rarely face anyone their own size. It's easy to put up big numbers, but harder to project how they'll fare against better competition. IMHO, the biggest divider is foot speed and quickness. A lot of kids look good at smaller schools, but put them in D1 and they just aren't athletic enough to keep up.

EE is a goofy player who is only marginally effective and is playing heavy minutes because we don't have anyone better on campus not because he's a particularly legit B1G post player. I don't know that we can "win" with him playing as much as he does. Bjorklund isn't a 5 though so probably not a good comparison for me to have made.

Troll alert. EE has been quite good and has clearly improved quite a bit since last year.

Or he's stating his opinion that you don't have to agree with. That doesn't make him a troll.

Umm... How is he being a troll exactly?

I have watched the games as well....and my opinion is that EE has a bit better than "marginally effective".

However....maybe my perception about indi is still clouded from his "MSU made Campion their bitch all day" and "MSU coaches made Limegrover their bitch all day" quotes from a couple saturdays ago.

I have watched the games as well....and my opinion is that EE has a bit better than "marginally effective".

However....maybe my perception about indi is still clouded from his "MSU made Campion their bitch all day" and "MSU coaches made Limegrover their bitch all day" quotes from a couple saturdays ago.

I actually re-watched the MSU football game on one of the BTN one hour replays (which are really nice by the way) and was a bit upset with myself for not being harder on Campion. He actually played worse than I originally thought. I can't really recall why I was on Limegrover but I believe it was our red zone play calling which I stand by, too.

The troll stuff kills me. It's like 16 year old girls trying to call each other out.

EE is a goofy player who is only marginally effective and is playing heavy minutes because we don't have anyone better on campus not because he's a particularly legit B1G post player. I don't know that we can "win" with him playing as much as he does. Bjorklund isn't a 5 though so probably not a good comparison for me to have made.

Yeah, they're just two different kind of players. Bjorklund is a 4, even in the Summit. He appears to be more of an offensive player than defense. EE is more of presence down low.

Bjorklund averages 17.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, and 0.8 blocks per 40 minutes played in his career. EE is 7.3 points, 11.1 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks per 40 minutes.

The troll stuff kills me. It's like 16 year old girls trying to call each other out.

Several of your posts scream that you're fishing for responses. Maybe 'troll' isn't the right word. Either way, to say that EE isn't a legitimate big ten center is ridiculous.

Indi stick to nascar...

EE could make any roster in the big ten. AGAIN and AGAIN people show ignorance for the little things that help teams win. If it was all about scoring and not about defense and rebounding do you think EE would start over Mo? EE was the reason we were within breathing distance of Syracuse. Had Tubby signed two 2** guys and told 2 4**** guys "no" he would have been fired back then, HOF or not. These two guys prospered playing four years and lots of minutes. The difference between many mid major recruits and the top 100 is "usually" athleticism. Some guys have the skills to overcome their lack of athleticsm, but others don't. It is pretty hard to predict who it will before hand, it is easy to tell us 100% after the fact.

Top Bottom