Wow: Badgers buy 3 billboards by Target Center to highlight Twin City Badgers

I’m not sure how people are supposed to prevent this from happening?

There’s lots of examples of teams trolling their rivals.
Good point, though, I have seen a few places where the major movers and shakers wouldn't let it happen.

There isn't much pride in the u, unless they are winning big in bb or fb. Lots of apathy even from die hard fans.

Doesn't help when the administration doesn't care about sports.
Sad, but true, BB.

Too busy driving necessary services out of the city with colossally stupid policy decisions that they don't have the right to make.

Yes, the right thing to do is to let corporations come in, using our workers to make tons of money and those corps compensating them with an unlivable wage which in turn, takes money out of the city and out of state. God forbid people are left to use public transportation that we've spent billions putting in place that puts money back into the city.

Yes, the right thing to do is to let corporations come in, using our workers to make tons of money and those corps compensating them with an unlivable wage
Their system is entirely voluntary and was never meant to -- nor should it be allowed to be -- a career or a livable source of income.

Worked great and people chose to use it.

I'd be just fine if they did not allow a drive to drive more than 10 hours a week for the service.

Badgers about to win the B1G Tournament. Former coach we fired has his team in the NCAA tournament (perhaps two of them). The Gophers get to hope they get an NIT bid because enough other teams turn it down.

Their system is entirely voluntary and was never meant to -- nor should it be allowed to be -- a career or a livable source of income.

Worked great and people chose to use it.

I'd be just fine if they did not allow a drive to drive more than 10 hours a week for the service.

They came in and undercut a profession that provided a living for people, we shouldn’t reward that by giving them free rein in our city. It’s funny because this would be a very different conversation if this were a company from another country. This will be a fun discussion when Temu closes the gap on Amazon, it’ll be interesting to see whether you take the same side of the argument 😉

They came in and undercut a profession that provided a living for people
Horseshoeing used to be a career too, but technology disrupted that from being the primary form of transportation.

Exact same thing happened.

We should not allow the government to artificially force people to use traditional, expensive taxi's just because a driver's lobby doesn't want to lose taxi driver as a career.

Pretty provincial thinking. I thought we were big time. I am not sure Northwestern was offended when the tournament was in Chicago and didn't win. The Big Ten football championship has been in Indianapolis for years and and Purdue made it to the championship one time and Indiana never. Most people don't even know who won it last year. I don't care for Wisconsin either but when hosting be kind to your peers.

Last edited:

Pretty provincial thinking. I thought we were big time. I am not sure Northwestern was offended when the tournament was in Chicago and didn't win. The Big Ten football championship has been in Indianapolis for years and and Purdue made it to the championship one time and Indiana never. Most people don't even know who won it last year. I don't care for Wisconsin either but when hosting be kind to your piers.
I don’t think anyone is offended and if they are it’s certainly not because we didn’t win the tournament.

Pretty provincial thinking. I thought we were big time. I am not sure Northwestern was offended when the tournament was in Chicago and didn't win. The Big Ten football championship has been in Indianapolis for years and and Purdue made it to the championship one time and Indiana never. Most people don't even know who won it last year. I don't care for Wisconsin either but when hosting be kind to your piers.
Morgan?

grew up and remain a badger fan. Slightly embarrassed by the marketing and athletic department. the standard in Madison has fallen steadily since 2015 in football and basketball. And suspiciously none of these players were around for either final four run. Those proud “hard working Wisconsin boys” should focus on the grind and forget about their egos for a bit. Put these up in Ohio State if and when you have the opportunity, but this is isn’t the win they think it is.

Also my webpage reloaded like 8 times while trying to type this out. Anyone else experiencing an insufferable ux lately?

However you slice it, Minnesota is just a pathetic state of affairs when it comes to national sports, pro or collegic, this is just another example among myriad.

Marcus Domask is from Wisconsin, had a great tweet tonight after a 26 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists for Illinois today. Sorry if it's been posted.

Marcus Domask
@marcusdomask

Last edited:

Why didn’t we want Domask?
Both he and PU's Lance Jones were on the same team at Southern Illinois last year, I believe. There is a large list of overlooked players out of high school that go to a lower level school and blossom. A guy like Domask might've been buried on the bench at a Wisconsin or Marquette, and he'd never have become what he is - more kids should be thinking about this path as better than getting lost in the shuffle at a power conference school.

Top Bottom