Would you take an 11-1 season if the one loss was the season opener?

Would you take an 11-1 season if the one loss was the season opener?

• Yes

Votes: 94 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.0%

• Total voters

swelna

Reaction score
Would you take an 11-1 season if the one lose was non-conference and to Jerry Kill's New Mexico State? Since the loss is non-conference, we would win the West and be going to the Big Ten championship.

Personally, it would sting and always be a "What if..." in my mind, but in the end winning the West and having a chance at the Big Ten title (and maybe more) would be worth it.

I can assure you, losing the first game this year would make it impossible to win the next 11. The only way to lose the game would be to have catastrophic injuries or most of the team leaves.

I can assure you, losing the first game this year would make it impossible to win the next 11. The only way to lose the game would be to have catastrophic injuries or most of the team leaves.
I mean, I'm sure you could have said similar things about losing to Bowling Green last year, and yet we only lost 2 more games down the stretch...

We were quite close to losing to GSU in 2019....I don't know how sure I'd be that a close loss to NM St precluded the team from shaping up down the stretch. But yes, it would be hard to imagine circumstances where this happened, but that's why I think it's interesting, especially given the history...

Of course. Who the heck cares who's coaching against us the in the first game. 11 straight wins with wins over uw and Iowa (it's time), yes please.

Go 11-1 seasons!!

Would I take beating Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan state, penn state, and making the big ten title game?

Yea.

I’d take 9-3 if the 9 wins were conference wins

Would you take an 11-1 season if the one lose was non-conference and to Jerry Kill's New Mexico State? Since the loss is non-conference, we would win the West and be going to the Big Ten championship.
Is this a serious question? Who the hell voted no on this?

Of course not. But then it’s a stupid question. Losing to NMS , no way in God’s green earth would we beat Ia,Neb.,Wis.,Mich. State and specially Penn State.

Of course not. But then it’s a stupid question. Losing to NMS , no way in God’s green earth would we beat Ia,Neb.,Wis.,Mich. State and specially Penn State.
We lost to bowling green and beat Wisconsin last year, what makes losing to NM St any different?

I really do not want to lose to Ol' Jer'!!! So I almost chose no! Winning all conference games would be amazing! But again I would be so mad not to be 12-0!!

I voted yes, but I wouldn't know it because I would have killed myself after losing to Jer.

Said yes of course but Doom-O-Meter would read like this:

1657841130131.png

This could also be a reading of Coach Kill's ego after the W too...

It would get interesting going into the Big Ten Championship game if the Gophers were still alive for CFP. My guess is they would be in the top 4 at 12-1 even with a loss to New Mexico State in the opener.

Even if Robb Smith and Mike Sanford came back just for this one game, there isn't anyway they lose to the Aggies!

Top Bottom