Would You Prefer The Gophers Become A DEFENSIVE POWER or OFFENSIVE POWER?

What Identity Would You Prefer This Time Around?

• -High Powered Offense-

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • -Shut'Em Down Defense-

Votes: 67 80.7%

• Total voters
A dominating defense! The last time Minnesota truly had a very, very good defense was in 1967 when they were Big 10 Tri-Conference Champs. Since that time they've had some teams with tremendous offensivie outputs, but, alas, their defenses more often than not gave up too many points, especially in the fourth quarter. Until Minnesota has a strong, dominating defense, thoughts of a conference championship will remain an unfulfilled wish.

I hope the next Gopher coach stresses the importance of strong defensive football, has good organizational skills, attracts a staff good at evaluating and developing players and teachers of strong fundamental skills, a motivator, and a head coach that will field teams with a can-do, winning attitude. I don't care if he has a Midwest or Big 10 background and knows Minnesota (whatever that means). I want a winner that believes not only that Minnesota can be competitive but can also win conference championships!

Go Gophers!!

I'd take D in a heartbeat. Keeps you in games and most big time teams have very good defenses. Not all have dynamic offense.

Defense. I want a defense that plays hard and has a swagger to it. I want a offense that plays smash mouth football and has a efficient passing attack.

We need a strong defense it is what has been holding Gophers back

The hardest thing to find is what this team needs most pass rushers that can be disruptive
and put pressure on the QB. We have an adequate amount of talent in the back 7, it is the front four that continues to hinder this program and hurt them. Defense is what separates the pecking order in the Big 10 conference. You have to be able to be at least a "Good" defense to contend for the conference.

I'll answer after I see who wins the BCS championship game.

Top Bottom