Would the 2019 Gopher team made the CFP?

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
If it was a 12 team playoff?

Not based on the rankings that season.
Based on the reconstitution of conferences, possibly. Because SEC and Big 10 teams are going to get benefit of the doubt.
There will also be different permutations of 0, 1, and 2 loss teams than before.

Very few 2 loss big ten teams or SEC teams at that point in the season will ever be rated below 2 loss big 12, pac 12, or ACC teams again

OOC schedule would have been enough to leave them out I think! Fresno was decent and the other two were very weak.

OOC schedule would have been enough to leave them out I think! Fresno was decent and the other two were very weak.
I think the virtue of being big ten team at 10-2 would put them above Baylor, Utah, Notre Dame, and Memphis if the committee ranked the teams in 2024 instead of 2019

Yes, I said it, the committee is going to be biased towards the big ten and SEC next year.
PLUS: 6 teams in front of them are SEC and would play each other more and accumulate more losses. Just based on math this would give at least one more loss to someone of those 6
PLUS: 6 teams including Mn are big ten teams, so some would have more losses.
Perhaps this would be Minnesota or perhaps not.

Impossible to say based on different schedules. But if all the 2019 teams played the 2024 schedule…Minnesota may have ended up at 9-3 and in the top 10 instead of 10-2 and 18th.

Top Bottom