Would Minnesota accept an NIT bid?

They're 2-8 in the last 10 games. They wouldn't win anything "easy."

Yes, probably our only remaining chances for "easy" wins are Nebraska and Northwestern, two teams with 7-22 records. Even if we did manage to pull off a minor miracle and make the NIT, we wouldn't get a particularly high seed and could end up playing all of our games on the road against respectable teams.

If this team was .500 or better they would be in the hunt for an NCAA tourney bid. They have wins against tourney teams and have more than held their own in losses to tourney teams. Their NET is very good. If someone can find me 32 teams with better metrics-besides win/loss record-please post them up...all 32. I doubt it can be done. I guarantee no one playing in the NIT would like to see MN in their bracket.

We don't like to admit it but this team is still young. To not accept the invite is ludicrous.

If this team was .500 or better they would be in the hunt for an NCAA tourney bid. They have wins against tourney teams and have more than held their own in losses to tourney teams. Their NET is very good. If someone can find me 32 teams with better metrics-besides win/loss record-please post them up...all 32. I doubt it can be done. I guarantee no one playing in the NIT would like to see MN in their bracket.

We don't like to admit it but this team is still young. To not accept the invite is ludicrous.
If they are 15-17 and Pitino is gonna be fired i dont see the program accepting a bid if they get one.

Top Bottom