Would Minnesota’s offense get shut out by Minnesota’s defense?

Would Minnesota’s offense get shut out by Minnesota’s defense

• Yes

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters

hello-world

Reaction score
Minnesota simultaneously has one of the best defenses and worst offenses in the country. If they were to play each other, would the offense score?

Gophers would score, but it's a fair question to ask. Two shutouts in a row. Held North Carolina to 19 points. Carolina then scored 38 and 45 against next two opponents. Gophers shut out their opponents.

Gophers would score, but it's a fair question to ask. Two shutouts in a row. Held North Carolina to 19 points. Carolina then scored 38 and 45 against next two opponents. Gophers shut out their opponents.
Our offense now that we’ve learned we should probably throw the ball is better than UNCs.

While statically the offense doesn't have eye popping numbers, it averages a little under 5.7 yds/play. I wouldn't call it one of the worst offenses in the country. There will be red zone opportunities.

Minnesota simultaneously has one of the best defenses and worst offenses in the country. If they were to play each other, would the offense score?
I get the complaints about the offense in recent years, especially the passing game.....but have you been watching at all this year? Do you really think we still have one of the worst offenses in the country?

Not saying the offense is great but they have been very balanced through 3 games which has not been the case in recent years.

Our current offense would absolutely score on our defense but it wouldn't be easy because our defense looks really solid.

Our offense is on par with NC with Johnson under center. We are not an FCS offense nor Fleck's 2017 offense, which Nevada wasn't as good as.

The offense would score against our defense, just as I expect our offense to score against every team we play.

Our offense really struggled last year and we scored against the three best defenses we faced Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa.

Perhaps a more fun question, 4 min left in the game down by 3 with Gopher offense vs defense. Do they win it, tie it, or fail?

And I picked 4 min so you can’t just say PJ mismanges the clock, even if he might try

Shut out? Nah. Gopher offense might end up being good this season with a decent QB and a productive RB.

But Minnesota D would match up well against our O this season and would generally be the better unit.

This has been true of most every team in the former Big Ten West for years.

Dragan would get 4 FG chances and make at least 2. No shutout.

I get the complaints about the offense in recent years, especially the passing game.....but have you been watching at all this year? Do you really think we still have one of the worst offenses in the country?

Not saying the offense is great but they have been very balanced through 3 games which has not been the case in recent years.

Our current offense would absolutely score on our defense but it wouldn't be easy because our defense looks really solid.
Charlotte scored 20 against UNC on the road and the Gophers have played the two worsts teams on their schedule since and even then their offense has been bailed out by multiple turnovers from the defense.

Yes I still think the offense is bad. I will continue to think the offense is bad until they show they can put up points against real teams. I think there’s a very good chance that they get completely shut down by Iowa this week.

That!

Assuming Taylor is playing.

Assuming Brosmer is not completely swarmed.

They did have those games against Charlotte (probably one of the worst teams in FBS) and NC Central (FCS team)

They did have those games against Charlotte (probably one of the worst teams in FBS) and NC Central (FCS team)
Facts never slow the Flecktites down. I'm waiting for the thread that compares our defense to the 85 Bears.

We've had two good games against two very bad teams. We've got two shutouts. Nothing to sneeze at. It's a little early to crown them. Let's see how the next three games pan out.

I'm certainly more impressed than if we'd struggled against the offenses we faced the last two weeks, but I saw a lot that gives me pause against NC when Johnson was in.

When they went to Harrell the had one play of 32 yards. That was more then the rest of the other plays with Harrell combined. So far we've proven we are really good against bad offenses, but lucky Johnson got hurt.

Top Bottom