Would Minnesota’s offense get shut out by Minnesota’s defense?

Would Minnesota’s offense get shut out by Minnesota’s defense

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters

hello-world

Reaction score
Minnesota simultaneously has one of the best defenses and worst offenses in the country. If they were to play each other, would the offense score?

Gophers would score, but it's a fair question to ask. Two shutouts in a row. Held North Carolina to 19 points. Carolina then scored 38 and 45 against next two opponents. Gophers shut out their opponents.

Gophers would score, but it's a fair question to ask. Two shutouts in a row. Held North Carolina to 19 points. Carolina then scored 38 and 45 against next two opponents. Gophers shut out their opponents.
Our offense now that we’ve learned we should probably throw the ball is better than UNCs.

While statically the offense doesn't have eye popping numbers, it averages a little under 5.7 yds/play. I wouldn't call it one of the worst offenses in the country. There will be red zone opportunities.

Minnesota simultaneously has one of the best defenses and worst offenses in the country. If they were to play each other, would the offense score?
I get the complaints about the offense in recent years, especially the passing game.....but have you been watching at all this year? Do you really think we still have one of the worst offenses in the country?

Not saying the offense is great but they have been very balanced through 3 games which has not been the case in recent years.

Our current offense would absolutely score on our defense but it wouldn't be easy because our defense looks really solid.

Our offense is on par with NC with Johnson under center. We are not an FCS offense nor Fleck's 2017 offense, which Nevada wasn't as good as.

The offense would score against our defense, just as I expect our offense to score against every team we play.

Our offense really struggled last year and we scored against the three best defenses we faced Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa.

Perhaps a more fun question, 4 min left in the game down by 3 with Gopher offense vs defense. Do they win it, tie it, or fail?

And I picked 4 min so you can’t just say PJ mismanges the clock, even if he might try

Top Bottom