Would a new coach want Joe Esposito?

Blizzard

Reaction score
Just kicking this around as I saw him name mentioned on another thread.

Would Esposito be an asset to a new coach for scheduling?

Just kicking this around as I saw him name mentioned on another thread.

Would Esposito be an asset to a new coach for scheduling?

No. But the people at Battle 4 Atlantis who scheduled Minnesota to play Duke, then be able to play Memphis & Stanford might be.

Really, the scheduling thing from an RPI standpoint isn't all that difficult to do if that's the direction you want to take.

My thought is that for this program, a better job of and openness to bringing some more competitive teams into the Barn for the nonconference would be good from a marketing/goodwill aspect with the fans (and potentially media - local/regional/national).

Yes, he's a good guy in the cafeteria.

In short, no. It's time to start anew. There will be some temptation to hold Vince Taylor over as he has relationships with Rashad, Travis, etc., but we really need to clean house and start over. We need new ideas, new recruiting contacts, new voices in the locker room, etc.

I am of the belief that the Director of Basketball Operations position is a great fit for a recent former Gopher who has aspirations of a career in coaching. Monson did this with James Ware (not a former Gopher, but the idea is the same), JB Bickerstaff and Brent Lawson. These guys can be a bit of a go-between with coaches and players. Not to mention it's a great breeding ground for potential Gophers as future coaches. I know Richard Coffey interviewed for this role in the past and was passed up. Quincy would be great if he's interested in a coaching career.

Go Gophers!!

No. But the people at Battle 4 Atlantis who scheduled Minnesota to play Duke, then be able to play Memphis & Stanford might be.

Really, the scheduling thing from an RPI standpoint isn't all that difficult to do if that's the direction you want to take.

My thought is that for this program, a better job of and openness to bringing some more competitive teams into the Barn for the nonconference would be good from a marketing/goodwill aspect with the fans (and potentially media - local/regional/national).

Please no, unless he is in charge of the buffet (sorry "SCOUT"!!!) In the letters of Esposito, "SMH"; LOL

Joe is a single, successful guy...who wouldn't want him round...er around.

I took it as married (better looking) than warranted. If it means that she got pregnant, than I retract my statement (without the benefit of additional info)!!!

He posted on twitter that he has 11 tournament teams lined up for next year wonder if they'll keep the schedule.

I actually credit him with more Gopher tournament appearances than Tubby. Dude knows what he's doing.

FWIW

@Coach_JEsposito: I can't wait to get on @GopherHole I appreciate all the great comments on the scheduling and the best dressed coach. Means a lot.

Top Bottom