Worst moments of the Brewster era?

EG#9

Reaction score
1. 55-0. This might be the worst moment in the history of the program. That would have been grounds for termination for any coach who hasn't won a conference championship at his school.

2. 41-38- Losing to South Dakota in your home opener in year 4 cannot be comprehended.

3. North Dakota State loss- The rumbling Fullback

4. Northwestern loss at home- 7-1 at the time and terrible clock management by Brewster at the end of the game having Weber throwing the football when should have been just going to OT.

5. Michigan loss at home- Still 7-2 at this point and get completely destroyed by Michigan. I believe this is RichRod's only Big Ten road win

6. Iowa State bowl loss- Completey unacceptable to lose to that team with a month to prepare. A clear sign that year 3 represented a step back, not a step forward.

7. FAU loss- Could be higher, but it was Brewster's first year and implementing a new system and I believe FAU went to a bowl.

8. South Dakota State win- Another horrible performance in year 3

Feel free to add your own, there's still 5 combined losses to Iowa and Wisconsin to discuss.

Illinois

last year's loss to Illinois was pretty bad.

What would Brew's TOP five wins be? Illinois two years ago? Mich St last year? I don't even know what else would make the list?

Illinois two years ago was probably the peak. Even though they ended up having a bad season, at the time it seemed like a really big deal. Definitely the pinnacle of the Brewster Era.

I think the Michigan loss was the worst. That team was horrible, it was a great chance to win The Jug.

We don't get a lot of opportunities like that.

Top Bottom