Worst Football game I have ever seen

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Just brutal, both teams. Iowa wasn't much better but that was much worse than 55-0. There is no positive way to spin this, we looked like a bunch of clueless fools out there, receivers dropping balls all over the field, running into each other, alot of running the wrong routes, a qb who still hasn't learned how to throw a ball away, wasting timeouts because we don't look prepared. The defense was outstanding although some of that has to go on Iowa's sorry offense as well. Really no way to positively spin this.

Just brutal, both teams. Iowa wasn't much better but that was much worse than 55-0. There is no positive way to spin this, we looked like a bunch of clueless fools out there, receivers dropping balls all over the field, running into each other, alot of running the wrong routes, a qb who still hasn't learned how to throw a ball away, wasting timeouts because we don't look prepared. The defense was outstanding although some of that has to go on Iowa's sorry offense as well. Really no way to positively spin this.

I could not have expressed my own feelings any better. I can hardly describe the absolute rage I felt when Fisch ran the SAME PLAY on both 3rd and 4th downs to turn the ball over (after having to call a TO before the 4th down play). The biggest offense, of course, is continuing to play Weber when it is clear he no longer has the ability to play any aspect the game whatever.

I am serious when I say that I will not consider donating one more dollar to the University until Brewster is fired. I will tell every single soliciter from the U (I get at least 2-3 per month) to mark down my intentions.

Worst Football game I have ever seen? I don't know. Last week was very close to this one.

The real question is if they are regressing, or has scouting has figured out how to shut the scheme down. The less than 4 yards per carry will kill a team and the line and the need for a back who is 200 lbs and can break a tackle needs to be fixed for next year. Maybe it's new guys trying figuring things out with Decker on the sideline. Worst case would be the guys tuning out and not buying into coaches preparation.

Johnny, any rumblings around campus or in the Athletic Department regarding Brewster's future? I'd be curious on what your take is regarding the coaching situation.

Johnny is 1 of about 3 posters on the board that ever actually has reliable gophers information. I wouldn't care if your opinion was different, but calling Johnny a loser makes me want to remind you that you have the worst grammar on the board and you bring absolutely nothing to the table. Stop bothering people.

Johnny, any rumblings around campus or in the Athletic Department regarding Brewster's future? I'd be curious on what your take is regarding the coaching situation.

I would concur, except that I think the person in question here might be just plain crazy. If that's the case, I'll hold off on making any judgments.

I couldn't disagree more, especially in relation to 55-0. In that game the team was unprepared, then quit. A 12-0 game that really could have gone either way really doesn't qualify (though any loss to Iowa makes the list, so this particular 12-0 loss does).

Worse games off the top of my head

55-0
Loss to North Dakota State last year
Blowout loss to Toledo
Loss to a bad Indiana team after beating Ohio State
An absolute beatdown at Michigan State in the rain about 5-6 years ago

I couldn't disagree more, especially in relation to 55-0. In that game the team was unprepared, then quit. A 12-0 game that really could have gone either way really doesn't qualify (though any loss to Iowa makes the list, so this particular 12-0 loss does).

Worse games off the top of my head

55-0
Loss to North Dakota State last year
Blowout loss to Toledo
Loss to a bad Indiana team after beating Ohio State
An absolute beatdown at Michigan State in the rain about 5-6 years ago

Additional entries

The Cal game in Berkeley
84-13

The beat downs you guys reference had at least one team playing well and that wasn't the Gophers. Todays game (and last week) saw two teams playing absolutely terrible football.

Top Bottom