Worst case scenario..

Tricks

Reaction score
We end up with Randy Shannon as our coach and save some money at the same time. I wouldn't view this as a bad hire. Shannon has already stated he is interested in the job so we know that he wants to be here. This seems like a plus to me. He wouldn't be after the money like a Mullen type of candidate. I'd like it a lot more than a fall back plan that included Trestman (I don't think he's that bad just too risky). I've actually been warming up to the idea of hiring Randy Shannon compared to when Doogie first reported he might be interested in coming here. All in all, we wouldn't be in that bad of shape if the others said no.

You haven't watched many Miami games in the last few years have you?

I'm not advocating Shannon. I'm just saying at least we know we will end up with someone decent. The guys knows how to coach up a defense, has head coaching experience, and is very disciplined. Those are all positives from my perspective. He may have underachieved at Miami but I'd be willing to give him another chance here if the others said no.

I believe Shannon could be a good coach but his lack of dominating success at Miami is alarming...

It's like Ohio State going 7-5 for 3 Seasons, a 9-4 record & then 7-5 again...it's like it's OHIO STATE, feel me?

They were 7-5 (3-6) the year before Shannon took over so it's tough for me to compare them to Ohio State. Shannon was presented quite a few resources that he could use to be successful, however. He did do some good things while he was there but he may not have lived up to expectations. Like I said, I'm not advocating Shannon but I don't think he's a bad "last resort".

They were 7-5 (3-6) the year before Shannon took over so it's tough for me to compare them to Ohio State. Shannon was presented quite a few resources that he could use to be successful, however. He did do some good things while he was there but he may not have lived up to expectations. Like I said, I'm not advocating Shannon but I don't think he's a bad "last resort".

Bad last resort? Not in the last...

That would be Trestman, Horton etc...

Top Bottom