Worse start: Vikings or Gophers

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
Which is worse - Gophers 1-2 start or Vikings 0-2 start?
Debate.
My guess is a lot of people will say Gophers under the assumption the tailspin will continue (not that that's my personal opinion). I think many will feel the Vikings will turn it around.

But just based on the games played, which start is worse?

Vikings are worse.

only 19 points in two games??

And people expected good things from them. Unlike our Gophers.

The Vikings start is much worse. They had very high aspirations to start the year. They are also far more likely to turn their season around. The Gophers were going to be an awful team and everyone nationally knew it. They were universally picked last or second to last in the B10. That appears to be right on.

Watch out next week as the Detroit Lions are much improved. Our Vikes better not be over-confident.

Vikes. As mentioned above, everyone thought (and they still may be) serious Super Bowl contenders.

The Gophers are undefeated on the road.

The Vikes don't look like the same team as last year. Many reasons.

Viks is way worse...people expect them to do well (though I don't because I know better)...no one has very high expectations of the gophers. Plus way more people in this state "care" about the vikings. When they do bad 3/4 of my Facebook news feed sounds like this place after a bad gophers loss. When the gophers win! or loose 5-10 of my friends plus me take notice that's about it...Think Paul Allen is on suicide watch yet?

Considering the high expectations of Vikings fans, Vikes hands down.

Definitely the Vikings. This was supposed to be our last shot at the Super Bowl before a combination of Favre's old age, the lockout and salary cap/free agency would bust up the team.

It just doesn't matter!!!

vikings
I wonder how PA will spin how bad the vikings are and the the Gophers played a respectable game on Sat.

berrian(sp) should not accept his game check this week

Don't give a rip about the Vikes

I love the Gophers win or lose. Don't give a rip about the Vikings. Ever since they started to kiss Bret Farve's rear I lost all respect for them. They set him above the team. Can't respect a coach or team that has to beg players to play for them. Go with what you have and keep your self respect!

I love the Gophers win or lose. Don't give a rip about the Vikings. Ever since they started to kiss Bret Farve's rear I lost all respect for them. They set him above the team. Can't respect a coach or team that has to beg players to play for them. Go with what you have and keep your self respect!

all college coaches do is beg kids to play with them.

New Question

Which coach deserves to be fired more: Childress or Brewster? I say Childress. I don't know that there are many teams in the NFL as talented as the Vikings. There's no way they should be as bad as they are on offense. Favre did not just forget how to play over a couple of months.

Top Bottom