Won't it be fun?

Taxes and death are the only guarantee in life. Who's to say a big name coach would have come in here and not fallen flat on their face??? Of course we won't know the answer to that, but I for one am excited about coach Kill and his staff coming in and being successful. He may fail, but I believe he will be the coach that we NEEDED to turn things around for all the Gopher faithful!!!!

The three games he lost were all close too.

And all 5 of the games were on the road....

(He also lost a really close game at Tennessee, I think 13-9).

But this thread is making me re-think my original opinion. I have always supported this hire but now I came onto a thread and I am agreeing with Wren and GVBadger, maybe I am wrong...JK

Screw Badgerk fans.

Kill is a coaches coach. Most highly experienced coaches will tell you that the game doesn't change that much from age to age and level to level. The talent/technique/speed/size changes, but the game stays the same. Two high school coaches I know have approached me today and said that they have heard Kill speak and thought highly of him. I think he might surprise some folks with a very blue collar approach to rebuilding. That philosophy tends to work with a lot of players. If hard work and great play is all that matters (instead of getting the next BT record or being loyal to a nice local kid), we should see a few new players start to shine. Competition will go up. Kids stop practicing/playing hard when they know that "favorites" play, no matter how many mistakes they make. When competition is really open, the team usually gets better.

I'm excited for a coach with fresh eyes who will want to prove he can win in the BT. This team will need some JuCo/recruiting help to replace a few seniors, but they could get much better much faster than most people think. I am hopeful. All the second guessing is worthless at this point.

I'll admit that I wanted someone with a little higher profile (Golden was my top choice), but I'm fine with Kill. Solid football guy who is going to work his tail off.

I'd have been fine with Leach as well, but I wonder if his desire to get our job was predicated on the fact that he knew he wasn't going to get it.

Top Bottom