Women's Basketball Forum

EaganGopher22

Reaction score
After watching the debates/discussion on some of the more recent threads related to Pitts/Whalen and questioning the identifies of some posters, etc., I began to wonder about this forum's origins. It looks like it began in November 2015 and Iggy was earliest to start a thread. Some time before that there was another site which I regularly visited and offered comments, then sadly it was shut down, I believe in part because the moderator got tired of trying to moderate some of the heated commentaries.
I discovered this forum a little over a year ago. On the former, I was simply EaganGopher. When I tried to sign up for this one, I was informed that name was taken. And I was unable to sign in under that name, so I added my favorite number and signed up.
I recognized several names from the previous forum. Just curious, is this the same forum that was simply transitioned or was it started new? In either case, isn't also possible that a poster from the previous might have just found this one? Hence, one could have a name that many of us remember, but the person may have just signed up on this one?
And PLEASE don't extend the Pitts/Whalen debate to this thread. ;)

This is a new forum, started after the previous (lamented) one was closed. As I recall, there was some reluctance to start a forum within Gopherhole for women's basketball because the site hadn't received much women's bball traffic at that time, but then it was pointed out that many folks from the closed site would likely transition to here and post.

Sue's forum shut down and some of the the regular posters on her site eventually began posting on Gopher Hole. At the time, the Gopher hole men's site had the occasional women's basketball posting. We upped the occasional posts to regular posts and eventually there was a request to send us off to our own forum. thatjanelpick made the point stated above and poof! there was a women's basketball site thanks to Gopher Hole.

I posted on Sue's site as "Hops".

Sue's forum shut down and some of the the regular posters on her site eventually began posting on Gopher Hole. At the time, the Gopher hole men's site had the occasional women's basketball posting. We upped the occasional posts to regular posts and eventually there was a request to send us off to our own forum. thatjanelpick made the point stated above and poof! there was a women's basketball site thanks to Gopher Hole.

I posted on Sue's site as "Hops".
Thanks for the clarification. So there wasn't a true transition. And thanks for keeping the former site up for as long as you did. I really missed it and was happy to find this one later.

And Sue Short's board was "Lynx Lane".....and you had the ability to post on both the Lynx and Gopher women's basketball. Sadly, outside of the national RebKell board, there really isn't a good local replacement for Lynx comments that I'm aware of. None of Sue's board in terms of content migrated to GopherHole. And, folks are correct on the moderation piece being a part of the demise of her board. Being a moderator has to be a thankless task.

Top Bottom