Women’s Hockey Send-Off

And for those of you that don't pay much attention to hockey, the women's team is the #2 overall seed and the men's team likely will be the #1 overall seed. Both teams with a great chance to do something special this year. Tune in to both if you get a chance.

Oh, and really cool for the football team to do that!

Last edited:

Fleck gets it. He’s the best thing we have in Dinkytown.

My kids’ HS AD does this for any team/kid that qualifies for State of their respective sport. The whole school lines the hallways and the kids get cheered on as they leave for State by the whole school. It’s called “Hall of Champions” and it’s a really cool school tradition.

Go Fleck!!

Such a simple gesture....but speaks to the "culture" that PJ has instilled. Support and pride in the University and the other student athletes. It makes too much sense. Love to see it.

Too bad this game is not on a normal TV channel (it’s on ESPN+). The BTN is showing a re-run of last year’s men’s hockey final. I’m not going to blame BTN, because I assume ESPN has the rights to it and they’re relegating it to streaming. They’ve allocated ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPNews to all cover women’s first round basketball tournament coverage Friday evening.

Man, it's stuff like this that makes me terrified about Fleck leaving. Whenever PJ goes (hopefully as a 60 something who's retiring with numerous conference titles) , it's going to leave a gaping void at the U. Coaching aside, he's a terrific human being and has done so much for the image of this football program outside of the stadium. And inside the stadium he's been creating the best years of my lifetime as a modern era Gopher fan. And we're in an era where the top 10-15 schools have all the money and power to absolutely dominate everyone else in all aspects of the sport. It's nice to not only have a competitive, winning team, but to also have pride in what's going on within the program. That's culture.

You love to see it. I love seeing athletes supporting each other in all the different sports.

Man, it's stuff like this that makes me terrified about Fleck leaving. Whenever PJ goes (hopefully as a 60 something who's retiring with numerous conference titles) , it's going to leave a gaping void at the U. Coaching aside, he's a terrific human being and has done so much for the image of this football program outside of the stadium. And inside the stadium he's been creating the best years of my lifetime as a modern era Gopher fan. And we're in an era where the top 10-15 schools have all the money and power to absolutely dominate everyone else in all aspects of the sport. It's nice to not only have a competitive, winning team, but to also have pride in what's going on within the program. That's culture.
Or he becomes AD.

Relax.

Top Bottom