WNIT Championship Game: Gophers versus St. Louis (4-6-24) @SIUE

The Women's NIT title game is set!
🏆

Minnesota and St. Louis will tip at 2:00 pm CT on Saturday on the campus of SIU-Edwardsville. The game will be televised on CBS Sports Network
So much for halfway.

Might as well been in St. Louis. Would love to know how they got to this site? Did all Iowa sites reject it??? This way can say it isn't in MN or MO?? Or is just today's math = neutral site???

Well, at least the Gophers can fly into St.Louis and take a short bus ride to their hotel lol. Not going to get angry about it.
With the introduction of the WBIT, the WNIT is a third-rate tournament, so one cannot expect much from them when they can save some money by advertising a neutral site game but only paying for one team to travel. Go Gophers! Bring home the hardware.

I am a contrarian.

I'd rather see an excited opponent crowd with good attendance than low attendance that is even. I actually liked the vibe of the Troy game. So I am cool with it being by St Louis. Pack the house.

I am thinking of going but feeling it out if worth the time investment.

If it would’ve been closer I probably would have drove to the game but excited it is on TV. Coach P stated in one of the interviews that as a team they didn’t play very well this season on the road. This will be another building block in their development. Laramie and Troy were difficult places to play and they were able to overcome that. Go Gophers!

I am a contrarian.

I'd rather see an excited opponent crowd with good attendance than low attendance that is even. I actually liked the vibe of the Troy game. So I am cool with it being by St Louis. Pack the house.

I am thinking of going but feeling it out if worth the time investment.
The good thing about the Lady Gophers playing in the BigTen is that they are no strangers to opposing fan bases.

Even if Braun doesn't play, Gophers should win easily. What I saw of Saint Louis on ESPN+ last night they were awful. Troy looked a lot better than either Saint Louis or Vermont (yuck).

Reserve a spot for that banner.

Anyone who plans to go to the game this is where you can get tickets.

https://sf1.glitnirticketing.com/sfticket/web/ev_list.php?event_list_id=77

No links on the UofM Gophersports website, had to get the link from a St. Louis athletic department website, that really annoys me....:(

I think we may go on our way to see the solar eclipse but it means we have to leave Friday night and finish the drive on Saturday because it is so far:(

Even if Braun doesn't play, Gophers should win easily. What I saw of Saint Louis on ESPN+ last night they were awful. Troy looked a lot better than either Saint Louis or Vermont (yuck).

Reserve a spot for that banner.
Famous last words! I’m sure Coach P will have them ready, and the team won’t be overconfident because they have no reason to be. Also the Missouri Valley is a pretty good conference in women’s basketball.

Anyone who plans to go to the game this is where you can get tickets.

https://sf1.glitnirticketing.com/sfticket/web/ev_list.php?event_list_id=77

No links on the UofM Gophersports website, had to get the link from a St. Louis athletic department website, that really annoys me....:(

I think we may go on our way to see the solar eclipse but it means we have to leave Friday night and finish the drive on Saturday because it is so far:(
You could also get the link from the WNIT website. It looks like all the tickets are general admission.

Coach P always tells the girls that “every game is important, and no game is special”. That means you prepare for every game the same, expecting to have to play hard to win. You don’t look past any opponent. Yes, this game is special because it is the last one of the season, but they will prepare for it, the same as they have every game prior to it.

Famous last words! I’m sure Coach P will have them ready, and the team won’t be overconfident because they have no reason to be. Also the Missouri Valley is a pretty good conference in women’s basketball.

Agree that the Gophers aren't in any position to overlook an opponent. On the other point, don't the Billikens play in the Atlantic 10?

Coach P always tells the girls that “every game is important, and no game is special”. That means you prepare for every game the same, expecting to have to play hard to win. You don’t look past any opponent. Yes, this game is special because it is the last one of the season, but they will prepare for it, the same as they have every game prior to it.
Great attitude for sports and life. We’ve become so “big event” focused that we’re losing the importance of every day detail and persistence.

Agree that the Gophers aren't in any position to overlook an opponent. On the other point, don't the Billikens play in the Atlantic 10?
I had to check because there's been so much realignment but, yep, still A10 ( in which they had a losing record)

I have several streaming channels but of course no CBSN.

Reserve a spot for that banner
Has there been word that Braun might play? I figured if her foot had a setback they'd treat her with caution and shut her down so everything heals properly for next year.

Has there been word that Braun might play? I figured if her foot had a setback they'd treat her with caution and shut her down so everything heals properly for next year.
No word.....but can't imagine we'd risk her in another game. Let her heal completely for next season.

"every game is important, and no game is special" is just dumb. 100% you'd like your players to develop and establish a routine in preparing for games. Get the same sleep, same food, same meeting times, same shoot around times etc etc etc. same preparation.
But you can't ignore the fact that playing UConn is different, playing Iowa is different and playing the Championship of WNIT is different. It is not the same! Prepare the same but you gotta address the different circumstances. You better have different game plans both offensively and defensively for each game.
You have different points of emphasis.
Every game is important and every game IS special! That's why we have different points of emphasis. How well are we going to execute the game plan each night. You can't ignore the circumstances...different atmospheres, different opponents, you gotta prepare for these things. Ignore them and you get run out of the gym by good teams or lose often on the road.
You gotta prepare them for what's going to be different tonight.

"every game is important, and no game is special" is just dumb. 100% you'd like your players to develop and establish a routine in preparing for games. Get the same sleep, same food, same meeting times, same shoot around times etc etc etc. same preparation.
But you can't ignore the fact that playing UConn is different, playing Iowa is different and playing the Championship of WNIT is different. It is not the same! Prepare the same but you gotta address the different circumstances. You better have different game plans both offensively and defensively for each game.
You have different points of emphasis.
Every game is important and every game IS special! That's why we have different points of emphasis. How well are we going to execute the game plan each night. You can't ignore the circumstances...different atmospheres, different opponents, you gotta prepare for these things. Ignore them and you get run out of the gym by good teams or lose often on the road.
You gotta prepare them for what's going to be different tonight.
You are correct. I like Coach P approach but you are correct. That's why tickets to see Caitlin cost more than my car.

Top Bottom