WNIT 2024 Game 4: Gopher Visit Troy (4-3-24)

There’s two other events that day at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines. Maybe at ISU in Ames?

That was an enjoyable game to watch, and a nice win. While the Gophers did miss shots that they maybe should have made, that was also a very good Troy defense. We did well to hold them more than 10 points below their season average. And to come out of that game with a win on a over a defense that was very handsy and cloying, is an accomplishment. Just because they are not P5 does not mean that they are not good. There are some very good mid major teams. And please stop trashing Janay Sanders. She is a young lady who gives her whole heart and her whole body to the game. I love watching her. No, she is not Mara Braun, but she steps in and does a very nice job trying to fill a gap. And her four steals yesterday were very helpful in that victory.

Last edited:

If you have Hulu, you may be able to watch it there.
I bit the bullet and signed up for ESPN+. I was afraid they would require a cable provider to sign up, but nope, it was available strictly on-line. Will cancel it today and everything is good. Somebody mentioned issues with pixelation. I had a huge problem with that in the second half, but I just figured it's because my computer is old and slow.

I bit the bullet and signed up for ESPN+. I was afraid they would require a cable provider to sign up, but nope, it was available strictly on-line. Will cancel it today and everything is good. Somebody mentioned issues with pixelation. I had a huge problem with that in the second half, but I just figured it's because my computer is old and slow.
no the piexlation was going on for everyone! but it got better in the 4th!

I think the poor quality may have been from the feed from the arena. Because the commercials looked just fine for me.

That was an enjoyable game to watch, and a nice win. While the Gophers did miss shots that they maybe should have made, that was also a very good Troy defense. We did well to hold them more than 10 points below their season average. And to come out of that game with a win on a over a defense that was very handsy and cloying, is an accomplishment. Just because they are not P5 does not mean that they are not good. There are some very good mid major teams. And please stop trashing Janay Sanders. She is a young lady who gives her whole heart and her whole body to the game. I love watching her. No, she is not Mara Braun, but she steps in and does a very nice job trying to fill a gap. And her four steals yesterday were very helpful in that victory.
Sanders brings some nice things to the team but she is shooting less than ten percent from three. If she has a green light, she shouldn't.

Sanders brings some nice things to the team but she is shooting less than ten percent from three. If she has a green light, she shouldn't.
I did some checking...less than 10% isn't the number she expected. Let's all channel her a path to lighting it up on Saturday!

Sanders does play hard, but it hurts to see other teams stand there and let her shoot. In one possession a Gopher play made a cross court pass to the far corner. Nice pass, to Sanders. She was wide open. I yelled at the tv, NO not her, but it didn’t hear me! Lol

Top Bottom