Wish Tubby could learn from John Beilien...

FreeFall

Reaction score
...how to NOT throw his players under the bus.

After Michigan's close loss to Indiana today:

"This game wasn't blown on the free throw line," Michigan coach John Beilein insisted. "Those two are our leaders, and they've won a lot of games for us. We're never going to put this on them." (referring to Burke and Morgan)

"This game wasn't blown on the free throw line," Michigan coach John Beilein insisted. "Those two are our leaders, and they've won a lot of games for us. We're never going to put this on them." (referring to Burke and Morgan)

That's truly a great statement.

Pretty stunning that Burke would miss the front end with 13 seconds left. Usually that guy has ice in his veins. I'd have bet a fortune that he'd knock down those FT's. At home no less. MI really gave this game away in the last minute.

If you use this as context, I do believe Beilein was indeed talking about Hardaway and Burke, no where was he referring to Morgans tip.

Pretty stunning that Burke would miss the front end with 13 seconds left. Usually that guy has ice in his veins. I'd have bet a fortune that he'd knock down those FT's. At home no less. MI really gave this game away in the last minute.

Michigan's going to be dangerous in the Dance, especially now that Burke got that out of his system. What hasn't been discussed was how good both teams were down the stretch of that game, making great plays both offensively and defensively. Some of the best basketball I've seen all year. I'd be surprised if the Big Ten doesn't do really well in the NCAA's.

...was indeed referring to Hardaway.

No big deal, fact of the matter was that many things contributed to the loss, including Morgans missed tip (though Im not sure that was so bad, just rolled out), and Beiiein found no reason to blame any one person. That just causes more problems than good. Michigan is in good shape, have played well all season, and will be in the mix for the important trophy. As for me and my house, no matter what ends up happening with my team the gophs, I will be rooting for the Big Ten to fill up the final four. Though, I will not root for Becky, looking forward to 0-2 in their next two games!!!

No big deal, fact of the matter was that many things contributed to the loss, including Morgans missed tip (though Im not sure that was so bad, just rolled out), and Beiiein found no reason to blame any one person. That just causes more problems than good. Michigan is in good shape, have played well all season, and will be in the mix for the important trophy. As for me and my house, no matter what ends up happening with my team the gophs, I will be rooting for the Big Ten to fill up the final four. Though, I will not root for Becky, looking forward to 0-2 in their next two games!!!

Never cheer for Becky. They are the only Big Ten team I can't cheer for in the post season.

Top Bottom