Wiscy/Purdue: Who Do We Cheer For?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Purdue up 6 at half, but I'm torn on who to cheer for?

I hate the Badgers and 5 losses in a row would be hilarious and make the NCAA pretty tough for them.

But on the other, a Purdue loss brings them back to the pack with us and keeps us in the race for the Top 3-4 in the B10.

Your thoughts?

Realistically, Purdue is bound to finish above us in the Big 10. So, I'm rooting for them. Plus, screw Wisconsin, I love seeing Bo Ryan in a flux!

I'm still waiting for Bo to blow-up ... it could happen tonight. Stay tuned. I like Purdue, they are a really good team and probably will go far in March, if they're healthy that is....

I'm hoping for a Wisconsin loss and season collapse. I love it when there is unhappiness in Madison.

Plus, I picked Purdue in the PPD.

Yep, I think we hope for Wisconsin to be out of the mix for an NCAA berth. Purdue is going to get one, so let's concede that and let Purdue help put Wisky off the bubble and into the NIT (of course with added help from us when Bucky comes to the Barn).

Bury the BADgers. Everything is good when the BADgers lose. Bo needs to be humbled. Nice cheap shot krabby.

Purdue. They should get hot and gain a solid hold on 2nd place. Another Wisky loss helps us secure a top 5 finish.

Wow. That one HAS to salt Badger fans. 3-5 is a tough hole to climb out of.

Yeah, it hasn't been the best of sports years in Madison. But hey, that's sports!!!!

On a serious note, I agree with WriterGoph, the Badgers face a pretty steep climb. It'll interesting to see how they respond to another loss to a very good Purdue team tonight.....

If I'm not mistaken, Wiscy has yet to play MSU and I don't think they have played Illinois either. Am I right about that?

Sorry. Already one loss to Illinois, but they still have them and MSU once more. That makes 7 losses for sure right there.

Sorry. Already one loss to Illinois, but they still have them and MSU once more. That makes 7 losses for sure right there.

Becky only plays MSU and OSU once this year with the unbalanced schedule.

Gophers only get Iowa and Purdue once.

Whenever I watch Bo Ryan I get the feeling that one of these days he's going to screw up his face so hard that one of his eyes pops out and onto the court (think Any Given Sunday).

I think the Badgers might play at Northwestern next too. As we all know, that's certainly no picnic!!!!:p

In any case, with how much parity there is in the conference this year, it's going to be a tough road back for UW.

Huge Loss For Bucky

Purdue has that "it" thing it would appear. They believe.

Yes, Wisconsin is at NU this weekend. How great would it be to see NU pull out another one?

To answer the question posed on the football board earlier today with a question of my own....

"Has Bo lost his touch?"

Bo hasn't lost his touch. The B10 is 10x better than it's been over his run. Instead of matching up with Amaker, Monson, Alford and Davis he gets to play (and recruit against) Tubby, Bielein, Lickliter and Creen. The league isn't 4-6 in RPI, but first or second. Big difference. They better get used to it.

However, if you ask the Sconnies, they just haven't been getting any breaks this year. Breaks like their soph center hitting 5-5 threes last night (including banking one in) to keep the game close. That would've been a 10 point loss without whatever-his-name-is going out of his mind. Coming in to last night he was 1-4 from distance over the last two years.

But it's a joke when our leading scorer goes off to win at Madison, or Purdue's best players hit open 3's last night to win. They sure know basketball over there.

By the way, where are GVBadger and BoOwnsLosingStreaks?

Bo hasn't lost his touch. The B10 is 10x better than it's been over his run. Instead of matching up with Amaker, Monson, Alford and Davis he gets to play (and recruit against) Tubby, Bielein, Lickliter and Creen. The league isn't 4-6 in RPI, but first or second. Big difference. They better get used to it.

However, if you ask the Sconnies, they just haven't been getting any breaks this year. Breaks like their soph center hitting 5-5 threes last night (including banking one in) to keep the game close. That would've been a 10 point loss without whatever-his-name-is going out of his mind. Coming in to last night he was 1-4 from distance over the last two years.

But it's a joke when our leading scorer goes off to win at Madison, or Purdue's best players hit open 3's last night to win. They sure know basketball over there.

By the way, where are GVBadger and BoOwnsLosingStreaks?

He's over on the football board asking if Brewster has "lost his touch." Kind of ironic, isn't it???:rolleyes:

Brutal loss for the BADGER

Brings to mind that German term. Schadenfreude....

Top Bottom