Wisconsin's newest defensive tackle

i'm batman

Reaction score
John Clay!
922220.jpg

Ouch!

Clay just killed us last year. He is one of the best about moving the pile forward. There were times where I thought he was stopped for no gain, and lo and behold, there's another 4 yards.
Bucky's backs remind me of Northwestern's backs. They tiptoe through the tulips and find an opening and make a defense look inept. The difference is that Bucky's backs typically pack on an additional 75 pounds, and they can't tiptoe.

Did he come in to practices overweight or is that really his playing shape?

well I can't see him going anywhere all that fast looking like that...but i'm sure he'll still run people over like always.

He had ankle surgery (and has another scheduled) which apparently has prevented him from staying in shape.

I hope the tank does not have wheels to go with it.

He looks bigger than last year.

Yeah he ran all over the gophers for 184 yards last season. I am pretty sure anyone on this board would take Mr. Clay over any RB the gophers currently have.

Yeah he ran all over the gophers for 184 yards last season. I am pretty sure anyone on this board would take Mr. Clay over any RB the gophers currently have.

Definitely, that doesn't mean you can't make fun of a guy during the offseason though.

OL is almost always they key to a RB.

Maybe. Or maybe some of us would rather have the fat kids in front of this fat kid.

It's going to be tough for him to get back into shape by this fall. He will have to work very hard and live on a strict diet.

I'm afraid to make fun of him in case he decides to eat me.

Clearly he chewed up the Gophers' defense last year... unfortunately he didn't spit them out, he swallowed.

Clay!

Kind of reminds me of Ron Dayne. Does that ring a bell with any Gopher fans?

Sheesh, that guy is big! Wonder if his operations will be the kiss of death?:clap:

Go Gophers!

I can't say it's a shock that he's had life long ankle problems.

That said, he is the reigning Big Ten Offensive player of the year so I'd be extremely surprised if he was still out of shape come fall...of course we can always hope.

He doesn't remind me of Dayne that much. While both Clay and Dayne tip the scales at around 250, Dayne was a bowling ball at about 5-10 and Clay goes 6-2 or so. Dayne was probably a little quicker and a little shiftier. Clay is pure and total power. He's like a battering ram.

Whether it's Alvarez or Bielema, I have to give the Badgers credit. They always seem to come up with a great college-level runner. Dayne, Davis, Calhoun, Clay (and Ball on the way). They get guys who fit the system and then run the system well.

Top Bottom