Wisconsin scenario

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
Win the rest of our games but lose to Wisconsin?

or lose the rest of our games but beat Wisconsin?

which would you guys prefer?

(don’t say win ALL of our games)

Typically I'd say win as many games as possible. But since we've already lost three.....that first scenario would only put us at 5-4. For that reason.....I think I'd rather see them beat the Badgers and reclaim the axe.

Sounds like well-reasoned plan of attack, guys. I’m confident more details of this winning strategy will follow.

Sorry, but I have to have the Nebraska game. Those bast__ds don't deserve to be in the Big Ten.

So I'll take beating Neb and Wisc, please.

Honestly I hope the team gets to play wisconsin

The only thing that matters in this season at this point is continuing the streak of playing them

I fear the season won’t survive much longer

they should’ve played the season from august 1 to the end of September, in retrospect

It's only two weeks away. I think we'll make it to Tgiving weekend. Some time after that, as Americans are stupid and selfish, cases will explode from all the people doing family gatherings. Lot of things might get cancelled after that, we'll see.

Vaccines can't get here soon enough. Lost a year.

Doesn't really matter because losing to Wisconsin is a given.

The rest of the schedule allows for 1 more win most likely. Let's be honest, this team isn't good this year. The defense is the worst in college football without question and the offense has now started to play down to their level.

One other thing I've noticed. ALOT of give-up on this years team. When they get down, it's over in their heads.

Get enough cases so the WI game is cancelled and the Badgers are denied playing in the Big Ten Championship.

I'm just joking?
Ding Ding Ding

Give me all the spite. If Tanner and Zach both were in protocol and we cancelled just with them, give Wiscy the exact same scenario they folded with and then listen to them bitch and cry. Delicious.

Ding Ding Ding

Give me all the spite. If Tanner and Zach both were in protocol and we cancelled just with them, give Wiscy the exact same scenario they folded with and then listen to them bitch and cry. Delicious.
So you want to go down to their level? Need to man up and still play them this year. We'll just do the best we can. Players need to suck it up too as obviously some confidence lost.

Ding Ding Ding

Have another drink. Its Wisky. Ding ding ding, Coyle should call Alverez and ask if they can keep it to 50 margin.

Hahahahahahahahaha

You think the football gods would allow us to get covid in any kind of way that would be a benefit to us?? Hahahaha

Zero chance we get covid to cancel with Wisc. Negative chance. The whole team could go to underground mask-less rave parties and they wouldn't get it.

Wisconsin will win the West with flying colors at 6-0. Champ game with Ohio State. Same ol.

Did you watch the Badgers last night? We will not beat them this year anyway. This Gopher team looks like the team Nebraska beat 84 to 13. Really, it's bad right now. It clearly will improve but when I see Mariano Sori-Marin take bad angles in game 4 of this season? No, this is not good.

Badgers recorded 8 different players with rushing statistics (some WRs) against Michigan. A varied rushing attack. Keeps RBs fresh; keeps defenses guessing, with variation and changes of pace—some power, some speed. They will boat race our rushing defense, which appears to have lost confidence. We in turn, will run Mo 47 times, each time to a place where the defense is expecting, till his sturdy legs are jelly. Our predictable, unvaried offense will be exactly what Wisconsin’s defense will have game planned for—and they will be ready. The outcome is clear.

Badgers recorded 8 different players with rushing statistics (some WRs) against Michigan. A varied rushing attack. Keeps RBs fresh; keeps defenses guessing, with variation and changes of pace—some power, some speed. They will boat race our rushing defense, which appears to have lost confidence. We in turn, will run Mo 47 times, each time to a place where the defense is expecting, till his sturdy legs are jelly. Our predictable, unvaried offense will be exactly what Wisconsin’s defense will have game planned for—and they will be ready. The outcome is clear.
That awkward moment when you realize the gophers are currently 23rd in rush yards per game and the badgers are 48th

That awkward moment when you realize the gophers are currently 23rd in rush yards per game and the badgers are 48th
Yep, everyone in the country would rather be the Gophers right now instead of Wisc.

The Wisconsin game this year will be ugly and if the Badgers are looking for a rankings boost:tenor (2).gif

We resort to this topic every year when things turn grim.

Yes I'll take the win over Wisconsin since there's only a few acceptable losses left to offset it.

Win all the games and lose to wisconsin. I want a bowl game even if it's one i've never heard of.

The Wisconsin game this year will be ugly and if the Badgers are looking for a rankings boost:View attachment 10458
A) it’s gonna be rough regardless

B) they’re already going to be top 7 and no margin of victory over a bad Minnesota game will jump them over Clemson, notre dame, Alabama, Florida, or Ohio state

The game they need to win is Ohio state

Have to agree. Why would they stop scoring TD's? Give me a scenario where we can make them even punt the ball. All game. Maybe they fumble? It will be ugly.
They only put 45 up on a team the gophers put 41 up on
They put 49 up on a team the gophers put 24 on

against common opponents the badgers won on average of 47-9
The gophers 32.5- 31.5

I would say based on what I’ve seen I would expect a beat down no worse and probably slightly less bad than Michigan and Illinois received.

I’ll go on record now and say 49-21

Meg’s article made it sound like St. Juste will still be out for the wi game. That’s unfortunate.

Not awkward for me. Per Big Ten official stats, after this week’s games, Wisconsin (2 games) is averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 261.5 rushing yards per game. Minnesota is averaging 4.8 yards per carry and 215.3 rushing yards per game. Surprised your stats are so different. I’ll go by the Big Ten stats when comparing Big Ten teams.

Not awkward for me. Per Big Ten official stats, after this week’s games, Wisconsin (2 games) is averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 261.5 rushing yards per game. Minnesota is averaging 4.8 yards per carry and 215.3 rushing yards per game. Surprised your stats are so different. I’ll go by the Big Ten stats when comparing Big Ten teams.
Was using ncaa.com

it hadnt updated yet

We resort to this topic every year when things turn grim.

Yes I'll take the win over Wisconsin since there's only a few acceptable losses left to offset it.
Would you trade last year's success for 2-10 with Iowa and Wisc wins?

Top Bottom