Wisconsin Line

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
It looks as though the sports books are opening up at about -1.5 to -2.0 in favor of Wisconsin. Only over/under I have seen was 41.5, if I remember right. Until the betters say otherwise, Las Vegas appears to foresee a close game in which the Badgers, in crunch time, find a way to "finish" and the Gophers don't (or they choke). Comports with the Gophers' recent history in toss-up games: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. As we appear to be down to one RB, and AK8 seems reasonably competent early in the game but not at all confident in crunch time, here's hoping for a great defensive effort.

Also, modest suggestion. Coaching staff should look at what routes worked for BSF last year. BSF appears to have trouble catching 7-10 yard bullets when he is running laterally, parallel to the LOS. Maybe toss a few passes to him running up field? Better chance to haul in the pass? In this last game of the season and BSF's college career, perhaps scheme to his relative strength rather than to his apparent weakness.

Both of these teams have blown a few games. I wouldn’t feel good putting money on anything involving these 2 clubs. It might be a ugly game
It could very well be an ugly game if we play defense. But, no matter what... it seems likely Iowa and Nebraska might be the ugliest game on record.

It could very well be an ugly game if we play defense. But, no matter what... it seems likely Iowa and Nebraska might be the ugliest game on record.
The over/under is sub-30 (as was ours with Iowa). Woof.

The over/under is sub-30 (as was ours with Iowa). Woof.
Yahoo shows 26.5 for the Iowa/Nebraska game....unreal....they just keep going lower and lower and the still seem to hit the under every week.

Says something when a 9-2 ranked team is an underdog on the road against a sub .500 team.

As for our game.....I can't imagine trusting either team at this point with how they have played this season. Both teams are dealing with lots of injuries and have struggled. I'm glad we are at home.

I think home field wins this one since both teams are struggling so much. Teams that travel also take less players so their extensive injuries leave no margin for more.

Did I see the schedule correctly that the game is in Minneapolis for a second straight year next year? What a break.

I think home field wins this one since both teams are struggling so much. Teams that travel also take less players so their extensive injuries leave no margin for more.

Did I see the schedule correctly that the game is in Minneapolis for a second straight year next year? What a break.
In the last 6 in this series the home team is 2-4
In the last 8 the home team is 3-5
In the last 10 the home team is 4-6
In the last 12 the home team is 5-7
In the last 14 the home team is 6-8

The game in 2024 is in Madison.

as of today (Monday) I am seeing the line at Wisconsin (-2).
Over/under at 41.5 pts. so Wisconsin winning 22-20.

FWIW -
Wisconsin is 4-6-1 against the spread. When Wisc is a 2-pt favorite or more, they are 3-6-1 ats. In 11 games, Wisconsin has hit the Over 4 times.

MN has beaten the spread 3 times in 11 games. as a 2-pt underdog or more, MN is 1-3 ats. In 11 games, MN has hit the Over 5 times.

The defense is equally bad this year. At this point we should all be at or approaching the acceptance stage. Just enjoy the spectacle.

"Wisconsin Line". OH, that line...the betting line.
Here I thought I was going to learn everything I wanted to know about Wisconsin's O-Line...how big they were, how bad they were, how young they were....that sorta thing. :sneaky:

There’s not really a game script “vegas expects” it’s just putting two teams’ computer ranks against each other, adjusting for HFA, and voila

I don’t think many bettors believe the Gophers (who also won against Iowa and Nebraska at the last moments) are choke artists they simply think the team is mediocre and just slightly weaker than a similarly bad wisconsin squad

Top Bottom