Wisconsin - Illinois game

cncmin

Reaction score
Illinois does not know how to rebound.

Wisconsin getting gifts from the refs - on the road even (what a surprise :rolleyes:). What was the deal on the Brust layup at 27-22? He made the layup, but according to the shot clock near the basket he obviously didn't get it out of his hands in time. The play is considered NOT reviewable (remember the Gophers game, where the shot after the expired clock counted and couldn't be reviewed), and was called late on the floor. The officials, however, go to the table, discuss for a few minutes, and award the two points. Someone tell me what the hell is going on here. Is Wisconsin just that well liked by the B1G referees that almost every call always goes their way; every rule seemingly bent to suit them? What next, will they be awarded two consecutive jump balls again?

Illinois looks dead out there. They looked like a quality team the day a confident Gophers team went to Champagne-Urbana and defeated them. But whatever happened that day, they have been terrible since. I believe that's two years in a row that Illinois has fallen flat after nice starts.

That offensive foul just a few minutes ago when Jackson totally flopped made me laugh. If anything, he had his arm around the player and should have been a foul on him. I would love to see some kind of review/penalty for flopping like the NBA has.

Illinois getting plenty of open shots and they can't knock them down. Same thing happened to Indiana when the Badgers upset them. The Skunks are just plain lucky. Seems like everybody who plays them has a bad shooting night. Groce facing the same faith as Weber? I give him 3 years.

Illinois getting plenty of open shots and they can't knock them down. Same thing happened to Indiana when the Badgers upset them. The Skunks are just plain lucky. Seems like everybody who plays them has a bad shooting night. Groce facing the same faith as Weber? I give him 3 years.

It's his first year so it's impossible to say at this point.

Illinois is toast and their student section keeps chanting "Four eyes" when #44 shoots free throws.

Illinois scorers didn't reset the 35 second clock so Badgers got shorted on time by 17 seconds. Since he shot slightly after buzzer, the ref used their discretion to give Bucky the basket. I expect that's one you only get on the road since you can't reward the home team for their scorer making such a obvious mistake. Other option, would have been give the Badgers the ball and take away Illinois' free throws.

Illinois does not know how to rebound.

Wisconsin getting gifts from the refs - on the road even (what a surprise :rolleyes:). What was the deal on the Brust layup at 27-22? He made the layup, but according to the shot clock near the basket he obviously didn't get it out of his hands in time. The play is considered NOT reviewable

Top Bottom