Wisconsin Game Time?

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
I have another commitment on 10/20 that I have been trying to schedule, but the Wisconsin game time has not yet been set! I had to go ahead and schedule it for 3pm, hoping for an 11am kickoff.

What are the chances it is not an 11am kickoff?

When do they traditionally release these times?

Game time will probably depend on overall performance of both teams. I think they release times 2 weeks before the game. Am I wrong here? The Big Ten Blog on ESPN does a good job keeping tabs on those kickoff times.

The Big Ten has 12-day or 6-day options....seldom use the 6 day option in regards to time unless its late in the year.

Should be announced two Mondays before the game so October 8.

Penn State is at Iowa in the evening on the BTN so Badger game will be at 11 or 2:30 since ABC, ESPN ESPN2 and BTN are wide open.

Mich. State at Michigan
Nebraska at Northwestern
Purdue at Ohio State

All compelling matchups.

^^ Correct. Just announced the times for Oct. 6 games on Monday, so they'll announce the Oct. 20 games on October 8. I would be shocked if we're in the 2:30 timeslot that day because of the other matchups available (particularly MSU-Michigan) but Michigan is on ABC the week prior, and MSU the week after, so maybe there's a chance?

I'm praying for a 2:30 kickoff because I'm hoping of having people over to my place before heading to the game.

I believe that teams get to set the start time for one game a year the rest are chosen by TV.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize they cut it that close. It seems a little crazy to me that we have games scheduled out to something like 2021 but we don't find out the times of some games until less than a week beforehand!

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize they cut it that close. It seems a little crazy to me that we have games scheduled out to something like 2021 but we don't find out the times of some games until less than a week beforehand!

TV ratings=$$$$$$$$$$ and cash drives the bus for the best matchups that week depending on rankings.

Iowa's already got every game time locked in, except for the first three weeks in November. The Gophers have nothing set past Oct. 13th.

Hoping for 11 am because I have a wedding to go to that afternoon. Do not want to miss us chopping down their goal posts!

Top Bottom