Wisconsin Game Time, 2:30 or 3:00pm

So then I say yes people storm the field if we win and Iowa lost on Friday.
If that’s the case 100%
Any win is 99%…if Iowa wins a gopher win over wisconsin puts Iowa in the title game instead of wisconsin and would be the first home win against wisconsin in the lives of some of the freshmen

One way or another Minnesota-Wisconsin probably decide the West at 3 pm on Fox.

Michigan-Ohio State will decide the East at 11 am on Fox.

Perfect ending for Fox and even further evidence that the network will increasingly be the home of Big Ten football much like they are the home for NFC games in the NFL.

Not true.

If Iowa wins and we win, Iowa gets it.

Right. But if we lost, Wisconsin gets it. Not sure what's so difficult to understand. Unless Purdue loses, the outcome of the Gophers/Wisconsin game will determine the winner of the west.

Unless Purdue loses, the outcome of the Gophers/Wisconsin game will determine the winner of the west.
Not true.

For example: Gophers win the game. But Gophers are not the winner of the West (because Iowa won). Therefore, the outcome of the Gophers/Wisconsin game did not determine the winner of the West.

This is objective fact.

You're just playing a semantics game.

You're trying to use "outcome" in a different way than it is normally used.

Everyone else uses "the outcome of the game determines the ...." to mean "the winner of this game, is the ....".

Not true.

For example: Gophers win the game. But Gophers are not the winner of the West (because Iowa won). Therefore, the outcome of the Gophers/Wisconsin game did not determine the winner of the West.

This is objective fact.

You are wrong. Because the Gophers could lose that game...making the Badgers the winner of the west over Iowa.

This is like talking to a box of rocks.

You are wrong. Because the Gophers could lose that game...making the Badgers the winner of the west over Iowa.

This is like talking to a box of rocks.
Silly semantics game. You have been rejected. See above

If Wisconsin wins, then the winner of the Minn/Wisc game became the West winner.

If Minn wins:
- if Iowa won, then the winner of the Minn/Wisc game did not become the West winner.
- if Minn wins, then the winner of the Minn/Wisc game became the West winner.

I'll give you 2/3rds credit, because we're on the same side and I'm a nice guy.

Factually though, you're wrong.

Silly semantics game. You have been rejected. See above

If Wisconsin wins, they'd go to the championship. If we win, Iowa would go to the championship.

This isn't difficult. The Gophers/Badgers game will determine who wins the West.

To say otherwise is simply wrong. But keep clutching that wrong opinion.

So then I say yes people storm the field if we win and Iowa lost on Friday.
I think a field storming would happen regardless of the Iowa result. People will be happy to have the Axe, not winning the West isn't going to keep people in their seats.

This isn't difficult.
Indeed, the normal usage of that phrase is to mean that the winner of one game determines it, either way, for the winner of that game.

You're trying to use a non-standard usage.

Indeed, the normal usage of that phrase is to mean that the winner of one game determines it, either way.

You're trying to use a non-standard usage.

No. I said that the Gophers game will determine who wins the West. Only way that isn't true is if BOTH Iowa and Purdue lose.

This is a fact.

Not true.

This is objective fact.
i see this point has been made and yet you continue to not make any sense. nvm

Silly.

No different than saying the Gophers-Illinois game determined who won the West.

It did, indeed.

Nope. Plenty of factors still existed when that game took place. The Gophers game is the final game....and like I said....unless both Iowa AND Purdue lose....the team going to Indy won't be known until the game is over

Top Bottom