Wisconsin game it is time to break out the gold tops for uniform selection

Black for black's sake is overdone, and only works for schools who have black as a minor component to their color scheme as a university. Black is not a Minnesota school color.

In other words, i respectfully disagree with those who want a black uniform (more than just the most-fringe of uniform applications).

Black for black's sake is overdone, and only works for schools who have black as a minor component to their color scheme as a university. Black is not a Minnesota school color.

In other words, i respectfully disagree with those who want a black uniform (more than just the most-fringe of uniform applications).

Ditto

I'd like to see us in gold jerseys and maroon pants with the Badgers in their red jerseys and white pants. I think the color vs color match up would look good for the special occasion.

If we are going to create a new special jersey that we can wear once a year or so we should do something with actual "Gold" instead of the yellow-gold we normally wear. Since we are the GOLDEN Gophers, not the Yellow Gophers.

I agree. There's always been hate on GH for the all gold unis and I have never gotten why. Hell - we're the GOLDEN Gophers!

Since the Uniform redesign, they have grown on a number of people, present company included. But to understand the "root" of why some do not care for them (see photos below and click on the football one to gain better insight):
mustard-bottle-24379567.jpg
hi-res-80472654_crop_650.jpg

If we are going to create a new special jersey that we can wear once a year or so we should do something with actual "Gold" instead of the yellow-gold we normally wear. Since we are the GOLDEN Gophers, not the Yellow Gophers.

By that logic you must only like uniforms combos with white and maroon jerseys/pants.

I'm not a huge fan of the Gold on Gold look myself, but I think my favorite combo is Gold top with Maroon pants. I think it absolutely pops out on the field, and from a purely aesthetic pov Is the best. With that said, for the rivalry game, I think I'd go with the more traditional Maroon on Gold.

I am just terrified at the idea of them going gold over white. I understand that is the only combination they haven't worn yet, and I get the feeling they want to wear them all.

Top Bottom