Wisconsin football has the 13th worst fans in America

I can concur with the PSU rankings. While Wisconsin has a reputation for being passionate, loyal, and vocal fans of the Badgers & Packers, they are amateurs compared to sports fans in PA. State College brings the worst of the worst together, united as one. On Saturday, Steelers & Eagles fans are brothers, but come Sunday they are sworn enemies and typically end up fighting one another on Calder Way.

:cool02::cool02:

I sat in the student section a few times back in the pre and early Alvarez years and even back when the stadium was empty their fans carried on like some sort of weird tribe of headhunters. The student section was pure mayhem all game long. People brought all kinds of bizarre stuff to throw (a gutted fish hit a guy next to me), but the weapon of choice in those days was the coin-filled marsh mellow. Back then the visiting team came out of the tunnel in the midst of the student section to a hale of projectiles.

If you go to Penn state it is 100% dependent on which side you come in from. If you come in from the side away from campus, the 30+ fans are as nice as you'll meet. Their college age fans are as bad as you'll meet.

They didn't even mention dead deer sex.

Not surprised..

Can't argue with the 'winner' of that poll, though.

Steelers/Eagles rivalry is nothing compared the to Penguins/Flyers rivalry

Different season, same result... fist fights on Calder Way.

It'll be fun to see if they join forces to support PSU hockey when they start playing D1 or if they'll fight one another in the bleachers.

Great poll and some great smart-ass writing to go along with it. Had me laughing at several junctures. The only changes I would make would be to move the Yankees and Red Sox fans into 3rd and 4th places.

A wisconsinite will never feel shame for being a drunk. It's a right of passage. I'm sure they'll take great pride in the article.

If you go to Penn state it is 100% dependent on which side you come in from. If you come in from the side away from campus, the 30+ fans are as nice as you'll meet. Their college age fans are as bad as you'll meet.

I've only been there once but we came from the side away from campus and people were literally offering us food and drink (based on this article maybe so they could drug us and take advantage of us :D). Seriously I thought they were bar none the best fans I've been around, and I've been to six other Big Ten stadiums and three bowl games. But I didn't make it over to the other side. That's interesting to hear. Honestly I've told everyone who will listen to try to make the trip to Happy Valley at least once...

Iowa fans are far worse and obnoxious than Badger fans, and I'd say it's not even close. I'm sure GQ wouldn't consider it a real sport, but UND hockey fans are just as bad.

Ahh UND hockey fans...smh. One guy tried to tell me that throughout history UND has dominated Minnesota in hockey.. A quick internet check proved otherwise

I agree. My experience at Penn State was great. Tailgaiting, all of the fans were very nice and concerned whether we were having a good time, offering drinks and food, etc. We were next to one fascinating old guy who supposedly had his tickets for 50 years + and knew Joe Pa. Some students after the game tried to talk smack, but even that was half-hearted considering they'd won 20-0 and probably pitied us.

Iowa fans are far worse and obnoxious than Badger fans, and I'd say it's not even close. I'm sure GQ wouldn't consider it a real sport, but UND hockey fans are just as bad.

Agree 100% on all points.

Top Bottom