Wisconsin @ Florida Tonight

Wisconsin may have won the last 3 basketball match ups with the Gophers, but the Gophers won the three before that. The Badgers have finished ahead of the Gophers for a while now, but we've had some ridiculously bad luck which has also contributed to our poor conference records. Assuming we don't have any significant injuries *knocks on woods* I'm confident we'll finish ahead of Wisconsin this year.

We talk about it this much because it gives us a glimmer of hope that we can break some of these streaks that you mention.

Well, I could see Tubby and Co. sweeping this year and the Badgers losing in TCF next year. Chances as good as they've been in a long time.

This thread is somewhat amusing. Folks ripping the Badgers for getting beat soundly on the road by a top 10 team. Not the first time it's happened and certainly not the last. I commented to my Packer fan co-workers not too long ago that it seems like Minnesota fans (myself included at times) get more of a kick out of a Wisconsin team losing than they do out of their own teams winning. There seemed to be less discussion about the thrashing of Toledo the other night.

Didn't the Strib have an article the other day that Wisconsin has finished higher than Minnesota in the Big Ten standings every year since the Final 4 year in '97? Couple that with the 9 game losing streak in football, I just don't get the "little brother" syndrome Gopher fans seem to have. I hate Wisconsin, but I have to just tip my hat because at the end of the day they somehow get it done and pretty much own both teams I cheer for and follow.

Do you understand what a rivalry is?

Dekker did play better in the second half. Had 11 points in 20 minutes. Evans was terrible tonight for Becky......3 for 11 with one rebound.

This thread is somewhat amusing. Folks ripping the Badgers for getting beat soundly on the road by a top 10 team. Not the first time it's happened and certainly not the last.

This was the only college game of note tonight, what else are people going to talk about on message boards? Marquee nonconference games are few and far between, so this was a rare opportunity to really get a gauge on where UW stands at this point. The OSU board I go to most of the time also had a thread on the game, though it did not have as much depth of analysis as this thread, as today most fans seem busy arguing about how poorly OSU is doing in recruiting.

Florida is probably one of the top teams though.

l live in Florida and listened to the pregame show and Florida was worried because they were missing two of their key players. So this was a thrashing by a hobbled Gator team.

Exaggerate a bit? I've also never gotten the idea that you actually cheer for MN teams. I'm glad you commented on something unrelated to the Boilers though.

This thread is somewhat amusing. Folks ripping the Badgers for getting beat soundly on the road by a top 10 team. Not the first time it's happened and certainly not the last. I commented to my Packer fan co-workers not too long ago that it seems like Minnesota fans (myself included at times) get more of a kick out of a Wisconsin team losing than they do out of their own teams winning. There seemed to be less discussion about the thrashing of Toledo the other night.

Didn't the Strib have an article the other day that Wisconsin has finished higher than Minnesota in the Big Ten standings every year since the Final 4 year in '97? Couple that with the 9 game losing streak in football, I just don't get the "little brother" syndrome Gopher fans seem to have. I hate Wisconsin, but I have to just tip my hat because at the end of the day they somehow get it done and pretty much own both teams I cheer for and follow.

Badgers didn't work the clock like they usually do, they looked offensively challanged but they always do, only the second game but they uncharateristically took shots early in the shot clock, defensively they looked overmatched, Florida is probably one of the top teams though.

That's because they can only run their 15 pass 34 second offense in a close game or when they have the lead. Doesn't work when they are down.

It looked to me like the Gators (especially Murphy and Rosario) were doing a lot of woofin'. I kind of like seeing that when the Badgers are the opponent.

Badgers will be fine, though it's evident they're going to miss Gasser a lot. Florida was impressive. The Badgers just got blitzed last night. ... it happens.

Didn't get to see this one. How did George Marshall look? Did he appear to be an overmatched freshman PG?

Didn't get to see this one. How did George Marshall look? Did he appear to be an overmatched freshman PG?

None of their guards really looked all that great. I'd say Brust looked the best out of the bunch. They kind of remind me of the Gophers when Al Nolen went down, although not as desperate, they pretty much have a bunch of undersized off guards trying to play PG. That is one of the reasons I would love to see us press them all game.

Dekker looked overwhelmed and nervous, but you can tell he has a pretty smooth jumper. He'll be their best player by the end of the year, although I'm not quite sure he'll be a lottery pick like Badger fans are expecting. I didn't see anything but average athleticism even though I had read he was a good athlete. He also looks shorter than 6'7, but that could just be my eyes.

If Ted Valentine is reffing, save your money. You know how that will come out.

Interestingly, Valentine did the Wisconsin / Florida game last night.

If Dekker posts a stat line of 11 pts in 20 minutes with 3 assists, 3 rebounds, and a steal against a top 10 team on the road when he's overwhelmed and nervous, god help us if he ever becomes confident.

Yes, it blows my mind why fans would rip on their biggest rivals after they got blown out. :rolleyes:

This game has more discussion because it was a game featuring two top 25 teams. I guarantee when the Gophers play Duke, there will be 10 times more talk of that game. Heck, there already is talk of the Duke game. I don't think anyone mentioned a thing about Wisconsin's first game because it wasn't a marquee game. It's really pretty simple and not hard to understand.

Any chance this loss drops them out of the Top 25 opening up another spot for us? Or still too soon for us? I think we are at like 27 or 28 last I checked.

Any chance this loss drops them out of the Top 25 opening up another spot for us? Or still too soon for us? I think we are at like 27 or 28 last I checked.

I could see them dropping out since the game never all that close. Not sure we'd jump up though. Maybe if we continue to blow out our competition and a few other teams in our area of the rankings disappoint.

If the Gophers (#28 in the AP) win tonight and then beat Richmond, there's a pretty good chance they'll move into the AP top 25. #22 Wisconsin likely will drop out, and #26 VCU (most votes outside of top 25) lost early in the week. #27 Murray State if it wins the Charleston Classic is the most likely candidate, but the Gophers (#28), or Pitt (#29) are possibilities.

Top Bottom