Wisconsin assistant resigns after being linked to alleged NCAA recruiting violations at Air Force

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Wisconsin inside linebackers coach Bill Sheridan has resigned from his position after being linked to possible NCAA violations during his time at Air Force. Hired in February, Sheridan was only with the Badgers for three months.

"While I look forward to presenting my case at a hearing, I am concerned that the NCAA investigation regarding activities that occurred prior to me joining the Wisconsin football staff could be a distraction which could cause harm to the program," Sheridan said in a statement. "As a result, I am submitting my resignation effective immediately."

The alleged violations, first reported by The Action Network, include providing impermissible benefits to recruits and hosting high school prospects during the COVID-19 dead period, which lasted more than a year. Sheridan coached Air Force's defensive line and was named in The Action Network's report alongside former assistant defensive line coach Del Cowsette and tight ends coach Jonathan Himebach.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom