Wisconsin -3 @ Iowa

I'm pretty sure we want Wisconsin to win this. Iowa has only one loss in conference play, and already has the head to head over us. If we have any chance of winning the West, we're going to have to beat Wisconsin anyway and likely win out (handing Nebraska one of their required 2 losses along the way, the other will have to come from Iowa or Wisconsin). Iowa needs 3 losses somehow, and there are few teams remaining on the schedule who can do it while keeping us in the hunt. Sorry meteor, I'm pulling for Wisconsin.

I'm pretty sure we want Wisconsin to win this. Iowa has only one loss in conference play, and already has the head to head over us. If we have any chance of winning the West, we're going to have to beat Wisconsin anyway and likely win out (handing Nebraska one of their required 2 losses along the way, the other will have to come from Iowa or Wisconsin). Iowa needs 3 losses somehow, and there are few teams remaining on the schedule who can do it while keeping us in the hunt. Sorry meteor, I'm pulling for Wisconsin.

If all this happens and we win the West - will they give Claeys the trophy before or after we fire him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy - Iowa. I hate Iowa, but I would cheer for Satan's minions against wisconsin.

My heart says Iowa (barf) but if we are keeping the dream of going to Indy alive than we need to Becky to win

If Mn and Iowa are the only two teams with 2 conference losses, yes head to head matters. But if three, it gets more complicated. I don't think our rooting interest for west division is so simple. I'd like Iowa to win just to prove we could play with WI. Surprised the spread is so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your goals for the season. If you still have west aspirations, you want Minnesota and Wisconsin to both win out.

I hate them both (much like the Presidential election) but since I have to pick one, going to pick for my own self interests and root for Sconnie to beat the hogeyes...but only after much carnage and suffering.

Then Iowa needs to beat NE along with Sconnie and we win out and viola we are champions of the West!

Would be much easier if we had just beat Pedophile U and the Hogeyes when with our first round QB when we had the chance.

Brewster was better that Gute but not Mason who was better than Claeys but not Kill and Holtz was the best of the bunch but not here long because ND should be in the big ten.

Yes I am trying to incite a riot and piss off everyone!

If we want to win the division, we want Iowa to have another loss.

For those wondering whether we should be cheering for Iowa or Wisconsin this weekend I dove into the schedule in detail and here's what I determined:

I used the following assumptions:
1) Everyone beats teams they "should" beat if they are legitmate division contenders (Purdue, Rutgers, NW, Illinois, Indiana, etc.)
2) Nebraska loses @ Ohio State and Iowa loses vs Michigan
3) Two-way ties are broken based on head-to-head result

What I determined:
1) If we win out in the scenario mentioned above we win the west UNLESS Iowa runs the table and also finishes 7-2. That's the only way we could lose the division if we win-out.
2) There are three conceivable scenarios in which the West could end up in a 4-way tie for first with 6 wins each. I have no idea how a winner would be chosen in that scenario.

I put all my work together in Excel and have uploaded the spreadsheet to Google Docs. If you are a nerd (like me) click here to check it out.

FINAL CONCLUSION: I'm confused and there are a lot of games to be played. Let's win the next three, roll into Lincoln 7-2 and go from there.

So . . . who do we want to win this one?

No matter who you want to win, based on what I saw last night in Madison, Becky is going to tear them up in Iowa City.

I am placing a bet on Wisconsin, so I guess Wisconsin.

I will keep the dream alive of us winning out and all of that too.

I don't hate Iowa. I just feel sorry for them having to live where they live. I can never cheer for the skunks.

Iowa, I'll never cheer for a Wisconsin team..please bear the $hit out of em in the mean time..

I am assuming from what I have seen the Gophers will not be going to Madison to win the west. With that being said I dont want Wisc in the playoff talk and will be cheering for Iowa

I am assuming from what I have seen the Gophers will not be going to Madison to win the west. With that being said I dont want Wisc in the playoff talk and will be cheering for Iowa

Wisconsin could win the rest of their games (and they will likely be favored in all of them)......and they are still almost certainly out of the playoff talk. Lots of weird stuff would have to happen for Wisconsin to be involved in playoff chatter.

Depends on your goals for the season. If you still have west aspirations, you want Minnesota and Wisconsin to both win out.

No you don't unless you are a badger fan too. If we want to win the west, yes MN needs to win out and a Wisconsin win in Iowa helps us but then Wisconsin can lose the rest of their games. Maybe (maybe) it would be OK if Wisconsin beats Nebraska too. But that's it. F#ck the badgers. Iowa still has Michigan and Nebraska they will lose to. I hate them both. I'm cheering for the meteor.

I guess if we're jockeying for the division still that is the only option.

I hate them both (much like the Presidential election) but since I have to pick one, going to pick for my own self interests and root for Sconnie to beat the hogeyes...but only after much carnage and suffering.

Then Iowa needs to beat NE along with Sconnie and we win out and viola we are champions of the West!

Would be much easier if we had just beat Pedophile U and the Hogeyes when with our first round QB when we had the chance.

Brewster was better that Gute but not Mason who was better than Claeys but not Kill and Holtz was the best of the bunch but not here long because ND should be in the big ten.

Yes I am trying to incite a riot and piss off everyone!

Not pissed off, but Gutey was the better coach by far.

This line makes no sense to me - but who am I to argue with Vegas.

NDSU out rushed them 240 to 30 -- Wisconsin ran for something like 300+ against Ohio State. I would think their D makes Iowa look awful, as even the Gophers made their O look terrible. Wisconsin should pound them. Iowa has only beaten average to awful teams. Rutgers ran against them too. The Purdue win means nothing, they are not back.

If Gopher Fans want to be delusional, the only way we get the West is a Badger win and we win out.

NDSU out rushed them 240 to 30 -- Wisconsin ran for something like 300+ against Ohio State. I would think their D makes Iowa look awful, as even the Gophers made their O look terrible. Wisconsin should pound them. Iowa has only beaten average to awful teams. Rutgers ran against them too. The Purdue win means nothing, they are not back.

If Gopher Fans want to be delusional, the only way we get the West is a Badger win and we win out.

Iowa will lose at least one of the games to Michigan, Nebraska, or Penn State. We don't need Wisconsin to beat them for them to get to 2 losses. Wisconsin already has lost 2. If we win out and Nebraska loses one other game, we win the west. Not that us winning out is any sort of guarantee or likely scenario.

I'm pulling for Iowa.

How dare we have high hopes!

Wisconsin's running game was pretty bad going into the OSU game. Just have to see which running game shows up against Iowa.

Does it really matter though? I mean you can root for either team or neither. Not sure that is delusional or just picking a side.

You can be realistic and still hope for the best outcome for the team.

I could see Iowa losing to Michigan, Nebraska and on the road at Penn State. There's your 3 Iowa losses and with WI losing a division game. Nebraska, on the other hand, I'm not sure how MN can jockey ahead of them, even with a head-to-head win...

Is it too late to hope for that meteor?

Was going to post something similar as that is really the only correct answer when Iowa and Wisconsin are involved.

That said from a Big Ten West perspective we need Becky to get the W.

Top Bottom