Wins In Conference Season

Who many wins with the Gophers win in conference, prior to the Big Ten tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfing18now

Reaction score
Now that we have seen the good and the bad during the bulk of the non-conference schedule, I'm curious about the number of games that others predict the Gophers will win in conference. (pre-tournament)

I'm going optimistic at 6-12. Rutgers twice, at home vs Northwestern, home vs Illinois, home vs Wisconsin and at Penn State or at Nebraska....crap, I should've picked 4 wins.
At least I watched Amir last night and he lightened my mood about gopher basketball.

I'm going optimistic at 6-12. Rutgers twice, at home vs Northwestern, home vs Illinois, home vs Wisconsin and at Penn State or at Nebraska....crap, I should've picked 4 wins.
At least I watched Amir last night and he lightened my mood about gopher basketball.

To be sure, this team has significant issues (and we don't know the long term effects of Dorsey's injury yet), but this isn't the worst Big Ten team I've followed closely over the last decade. That would have to be Todd Lickliter's last Iowa team. Fran McCaffrey's first Iowa team (after succeeding Lickliter) was pretty awful, too. Each of those teams won 4 conference games, so I would be fairly surprised if this Gopher team didn't win at least that many. I don't think the team will win at Nebraska and I'm not confident they will beat Northwestern even at home, but I could see a win happening that no one expects at this point.

These poll results are basically a bell curve.

Worst team ever...Konate is the best player on any team we face. He is a liability on both ends of the floor and will probably get someone hurt on the bench this year too.

I've got 3 conference wins.

9-21 overall record.

9-22 after the big ten tournament.

I might be surprised if the kids win 5 games in the conference. I just hope they don't make it a habit for future years. It seems like its been a long season already and we are just getting into the conference. March can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom