Winfield to the Bucs

Awesome accomplishment to be a top 50 pick. Tampa Bay is one of the worst places he could have gone through..

This is sweet. Bucs are gonna be all over national TV. How am I not going to root these guys?

Awesome for him. Wish he was a Viking but nice to see a guys name called from Minnesota in the top 50!

Agreed. They’re going to likely be super bowl contenders next year.

Super Bowl or not, the amount of attention that will be on that team... if he ever wanted the chance to jump the spotlight; a young student of the game that oozes charisma and has a contagious smile? Tailor made situation for him to explode.

Awesome accomplishment to be a top 50 pick. Tampa Bay is one of the worst places he could have gone through..

?
He gets to play with Tom Brady and doesn't have to pay state income tax.
Florida is the best state for professional athletes.
He also gets to play in front of a fan base that loves defense.

Always fun to watch the highlight package with a packed TCF...hope to see more of that!

Getting to play with Brady and Gronk, on the team that will be the center of everyone's attention this year? Good for Winfield...can't wait to see what he can do.

Basically one of the best places he could have ended up. All eyes will be on that team next year. He has an amazing opportunity to really break into the NFL.

Not the vikings, but better than the apocalyptic prediction someone else made ....

That’s fine. They were 29th in opponent yards per game and opponent points per game.
To add to what @TNGophfan said, Tampa was 5th in the NFL in takeaways but still managed to have a -13 turnover differential. You're gonna give up a lot more yards and points if you spot the opponent a possession every game.

To add to what @TNGophfan said, Tampa was 5th in the NFL in takeaways but still managed to have a -13 turnover differential. You're gonna give up a lot more yards and points if you spot the opponent a possession every game.

OK, I didn’t realize my comment would be so controversial. We’ll see what happens. I was hoping he’d go to a dominant defense if the Viking didn’t get him.

OK, I didn’t realize my comment would be so controversial. We’ll see what happens. I was hoping he’d go to a dominant defense if the Viking didn’t get him.

Hah, fair enough. I can't help but imagine Brady getting Tampa on the scoreboard early most games, allowing Antoine to play free and ballhawk. Scary.

Top Bottom