Win Makes Looking Forward Palatable

jags1998

Reaction score
Nothing earth shattering here, but three thoughts:

1. It makes the Nebraska game Saturday much, much more intriguing for the average fan (me). My mind was already drifting off to the thought of dealing with the Husker rubes in my section with the home squad coming in at 0-3. It is much more pleasant to spend the week with some "what if" scenarios and the Gophers emerging 2-2 in conference play than staring 0-4 in the face.

2. If nothing else, I think it does show the "continuity of Kill's staff" argument to be valid. Though I for one am getting a little tired of hearing about it, it certainly does appear true that the staff works well as a unit. Yes, they can be criticized for various things but they seem to have their stuff together as a unit as advertised. I never played big time football, but in my own experiences there was always a lull when the HC was away. Obviously scholarship Big Ten athletes are better than that - but still the staff has done a good job holding this team together.

3. Phil Nelson. Hoping he can see the first part of this season as a bump in the road after using this game to spring forward. Maybe he will look back in January at a great season that started crappy.

Nothing earth shattering, for sure, but I think you're spot on, so thanks for posting your thoughts.

2. If nothing else, I think it does show the "continuity of Kill's staff" argument to be valid. Though I for one am getting a little tired of hearing about it, it certainly does appear true that the staff works well as a unit.

How can you get tired of hearing about the continuity of his staff? Its been only three years in the past I got sick of Bierman building being a revolving door. Otherwise your comments are sport on. ;)

Seems possible we'll be underdogs in every game here out.

Would like to get another win. Two would be great.

How can you get tired of hearing about the continuity of his staff? Its been only three years in the past I got sick of Bierman building being a revolving door. Otherwise your comments are sport on. ;)

Just from an "OK I get it ... I like them ... you've convinced me ... now win some games!" point of view.

For sure. It raises the possibility of one more heroic win and a bowl. I didn't think they could win at NW, so it was a very pleasant surprise. Nelson or Leidner, whoever can move the team. I see NIU's QB had over 500 yards today.

Top Bottom