Wills

paulser21

Reaction score
Is he getting blown away this game or is it just me. It seems like all of the pressure is coming from the right side.

^^^ X2. Any type of speed rusher on his side and that's a guaranteed sack/hurry.

I think the staff needs to seriously consider replacing Wills for at least the near future. He is getting absolutely dominated off the rush and it is killing Weber. When you can't rush the ball, you better be able to have the proper pass protection or your in big trouble. AluAlu absolutely demolished him. At least give him something to think about before you put him back in there. He needs a kick in the A$$.

I think the staff needs to seriously consider replacing Wills for at least the near future. He is getting absolutely dominated off the rush and it is killing Weber. When you can't rush the ball, you better be able to have the proper pass protection or your in big trouble. AluAlu absolutely demolished him. At least give him something to think about before you put him back in there. He needs a kick in the A$$.
And who do you put in there?

Hageman.

Just kidding. Sort of.

Wills is way too slow though. They should have snuck Gjere into the locker room and dressed him.

Obviously not the easiest thing to do given our current situation, but you have to reassure the guy this job isn't locked down. You have to do something. Hell, you could throw Alford over there, because he really didn't look completely lost against Air Force on the left side. Granted, I am not sure how hard it is to move an O-line man form the left to the right side.

Henderson would instantly vault us into the Top 20 nationwide. He's THAT vital to us. From there, the sky's the limit. He could be the pivot point to a Gopher return to glory.

On the interception when they were down 28-21, he took the outside rusher on the blitz instead of the inside guy. I was never an offensive lineman but even I know you take the guy who's going to get to the QB first.

On the interception when trailing by 7 at the end, it was the left side that blew apart. The left guard (Alford?) completely whiffed on a block and left Weber totally exposed. The entire line needs help.

On the interception when they were down 28-21, he took the outside rusher on the blitz instead of the inside guy. I was never an offensive lineman but even I know you take the guy who's going to get to the QB first.

Wills is not doing well to start the season. Losing about 50 pounds to get some lateral movement speed would be a great start. He really needs to get on a major diet in the offseason.

obviously you never saw Jamaal Harris play

yes, Wills is struggling - and it hurts to watch

I'm assuming the coaches think he's either the best player available or will quickly become that player. I suspect that they're right.

Stommes? Alford? Both have started games at LT this year. So, my suggestion would be to yank Wills and start Stommes and Alford as book ends. Is HAS to be better than Wills. That was some of the worse offensive line play I've seen in awhile.

When I was down on the field last week I noticed that we have alot of puss gut linemen. I would rather have a 290 pound guy than 300+ guy that can't move.

When I was down on the field last week I noticed that we have alot of puss gut linemen. I would rather have a 290 pound guy than 300+ guy that can't move.

On one replay I saw Wills bitch-slap some Cal DE in the chest today. It actually worked to slow his momentum (it was on a TE dump pass play), but the way his arm was extended when he slapped the guy made me wonder why it wasn't flagged for holding (hand obviously far extended from the chest).

Right now, he's playing slow and has questionable decision making. Hopefully he's learning fast.

It seems like we are learning over and over again that JUCO's need time to adjust. I wish we'd redshirt them or not take them at all. BPT excepted.

Top Bottom