Willie Mobley to Arizona

He wanted too. I suspect UCLA decided they didn't want him. Transfers like Mobley don't get to pick and choose like when they are in high school.

Yeah, his facebook had a picture of him in a Arizona shirt with his caption, saying "happy", so it looks like he found his home...

ch 9 last night had a 10 min special on Seantrel Henderson and stated he was from N MPLS. How come he didn't play for an N MPLS school? I just assumed he was an STP kid.

I remain unconvinced he will contribute. He isn't big enough for where UCLA needed him and I don't think he has the quickness off the edge to be a good rush end.

ch 9 last night had a 10 min special on Seantrel Henderson and stated he was from N MPLS. How come he didn't play for an N MPLS school? I just assumed he was an STP kid.

Minneapolis North HS (public)
Cretin Derham Hall (Private)

I would guess 99.9% of the people on this board if they had to choose one of the above two schools to send their gifted athlete son to would make the same decision as the Henderson's....

Minneapolis North HS (public)
Cretin Derham Hall (Private)

I would guess 99.9% of the people on this board if they had to choose one of the above two schools to send their gifted athlete son to would make the same decision as the Henderson's....

Put me in the 0.1% category
________
Mexicocity hotel

North had a really good year this year. They lost in the 3A Quarterfinals. They are well coached by a former Gopher, I believe. The cities of Minneapolis and St.Paul, just like Milwaukee, do not turn out a lot of D1 prospects. Milwaukee has one or two each year, the city schools, nothing.

It would help the Gophers tremendously if the city schools started producing some D1 players. They would have to want to stay home, but that is another topic for another day.

I thought I had heard numerous times before that Seantrel was from So Mpls.

He grew up in North Minneapolis. I actually think his whole family moved to South Minneapolis a few years ago.

As far as the last guy to call this kid overrated, i'm just curious, but what are you basing this off? I am a Cretin guy (so i will totally reveal my bias), but i've seen Henderson, Ryan Harris, Jimmy Gjere, all the other decent Cretin kids (Melander, Shafer, Eubanks, Carufel, etc.) play and Henderson is without a doubt further along than those guys. It isn't even a close comparison, from what i've seen.

He was talking about Willie Mobley being over-rated not Henderson.

He grew up in North Minneapolis. I actually think his whole family moved to South Minneapolis a few years ago.

As far as the last guy to call this kid overrated, i'm just curious, but what are you basing this off? I am a Cretin guy (so i will totally reveal my bias), but i've seen Henderson, Ryan Harris, Jimmy Gjere, all the other decent Cretin kids (Melander, Shafer, Eubanks, Carufel, etc.) play and Henderson is without a doubt further along than those guys. It isn't even a close comparison, from what i've seen.

I think he is referring to Mobley and not SH.

He was talking about Willie Mobley being over-rated not Henderson.

TITCR. Henderson is the real deal, as was Floyd. Mobley was nothing but a starf**ker, and more overrated than Bryce McNeal, as if that's even possible. Here's a kid that could have gone to Minnesota and excelled. Instead, he's traipsing around the country still being an idiot and still never playing a snap. I predicted he would try to transfer to Minnesota after one year getting the cold shoulder at OSU. I was half right.

North had a really good year this year. They lost in the 3A Quarterfinals. They are well coached by a former Gopher, I believe. The cities of Minneapolis and St.Paul, just like Milwaukee, do not turn out a lot of D1 prospects. Milwaukee has one or two each year, the city schools, nothing.

It would help the Gophers tremendously if the city schools started producing some D1 players. They would have to want to stay home, but that is another topic for another day.

The public city schools of Minneapolis and Saint Paul don't put out a lot of D1 prospects, but most of the real good prospects are from Minneapolis and Saint Paul.

Michael Floyd - from St. Paul and went to a St. Paul school
Seantrel Henderson - from Minneapolis went to a St. Paul school
Bryce McNeal - from Minneapolis
Ryan Harris - from Minneapolis
Mark Alt - Saint Paul
Larry Fitzgerald - Minneapolis
Rafael Eubanks - Saint Paul
I can't remember his name but the RB at Iowa St. - Minneapolis
Rashede Hageman - Minneapolis

The list could go on and on, but the fact is that their are a lot of D1 football players that come out of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.

TITCR. Henderson is the real deal, as was Floyd. Mobley was nothing but a starf**ker, and more overrated than Bryce McNeal, as if that's even possible. Here's a kid that could have gone to Minnesota and excelled. Instead, he's traipsing around the country still being an idiot and still never playing a snap. I predicted he would try to transfer to Minnesota after one year getting the cold shoulder at OSU. I was half right.

Ooops, my bad. I agree, I only saw Mobley play a couple times and I never came out totally impressed. I actually remember watching Eden Praire specifically for Mobley and came out way more impressed with Bryce McNaul.

Top Bottom