Will you watch the final "The Sports Show"?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
I realize this is a football message board, but the Sports Show often talked Gopher football over the years. Will you be watching tomorrow night for the end of this era?

Twenty years of this show is unbelievable. The production looked like it was made at Blooming Prairie public television. The commercials never seemed to change over the years, except that Dark Star was edited out when he passed away. The Ticket King girls are probably in college.

This is definitely a changing of the guard. I'm sure it will be Sid's last television appearance. I'm sure radio can't be far behind. Reusse has indicated he is going to retire, and Max has been in a comfort zone for 15 years.

After all that, I was a semi-regular viewer. I enjoyed the awkardness, Louie and Lavelle, and always wondering if this would be the show that Sid would explode.

I know many here will say "good riddance." Not me. Although it's completely run it's course, it's an end of an era. Sid, Reusse, Dark Star, and Mike Max to a limited degree were the world wide web during my youth. I enjoyed them a lot during those years. Lately, not as much, but I still have fond memories. I haven't found a tv or radio replacement that I enjoy nearly as much as those guys from days gone by.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know it was ending. I watched it every week for years, but stopped a couple back. The DVR is now set. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had no idea it was still going...

Got to be up there with the worst show ever to last 20 years. Just an annoying cast of characters: Ruesse, Maxy, Dark Stain and Sid when he became too old. Throw in dufus guests like Erik Nelson, Stu "Fraud" Voight, Lavelle E Neal, Trent Tucker; and the show was usually awful.

That being said, i admit i watched it quite a bit.

Yes I will. I usually DVR it and watch it later maybe 1/3 of the time. It's almost a comedy now with Sid not being able to hear the other guys and then getting argumentative, or complaining that they talk to much. It was a good run.

Conceptually the show could still be good but unfortunately trying to listen to Sid anymore is so difficult that I usually skipped it. I didn't mind Reusse and Max was usually just the host. If they'd would have had some of the new young radio talent added it might have survived.

Conceptually the show could still be good but unfortunately trying to listen to Sid anymore is so difficult that I usually skipped it. I didn't mind Reusse and Max was usually just the host. If they'd would have had some of the new young radio talent added it might have survived.

Who would you have suggested?

I was surprised they did not have Greg Wong as one of the part-time replacements for Dark Starr. I enjoyed him when he had filled in in the past.

Not to beat on the dearly departed, but DarK Starr was the biggest blow-hard ever. Was not a fan.

Going to miss the show though....especially Sid bitching at Lavelle. HUH?

Top Bottom