Will we turn the season around against MSU?

gopher2002

Go Gophers!
Reaction score
Just found the board and ready to talk Gopher football!

It's been a tough season but I think we can rebound after those tough losses the last few weeks, especially playing MSU. After that crazy loss they suffered to Iowa, I don't think their heads will be in it. They seem to be coming apart at the seams and there is even a site calling for their coach's head: http://firedantonio.com. MSU fans are making Illini fans look sane right now!

So on Halloween, under the lights of our beautiful new stadium, I think we get 'em. Who's with me?
I think it's the start of a 3 game winning streak to put us in a decent bowl.

I don't think there's anything to turn around, we're where many people thought we'd be (with Wisconsin's outcome going either way).......

I don't think there's anything to turn around, we're where many people thought we'd be (with Wisconsin's outcome going either way).......

True, but the way we lost those last 2 games is leaving a bad vibe on this team. Playing a dejected MSU is a perfect way to get out of our funk.

I think if Gray starts and Decker is out then we'll have a better chance. They design the Offense around Decker so much I feel it's hurt the growth of others.......

If, and only if, the Gophers play some decent ball and stop beating themselves. I picked MSU 24-13.

This should be a no-brainer for Dantonio.

You've got a QB in Kirk Cousins who has improved game after game, and tremendous weapons at the receiver position in Blair White, Mark Dell, and B.J. Cunningham. You also have a good pass catching TE in Charlie Gantt.

And you're going against a Gopher secondary and pass rush that gives up pass yards in chunks to every team they've played this year except for Air Force. I'm also sure if Wisconsin needed to pass against us they would have.

Throw, throw, throw. I don't think I would call 10 runs in this game. Should be very easy to dissect the Gopher secondary, and barring penalties and turnovers, Sparty should have a pretty easy time Saturday.

I haven't made my pick yet, but I think the Gophs have a great chance to win. I'm praying MSU will come out and put on the kind of flat performance we presented to them in '03 the week after losing that heart-breaker to Michigan. Time for payback on that one!!!

josh087 says: Throw, throw, throw. I don't think I would call 10 runs in this game. Should be very easy to dissect the Gopher secondary, and barring penalties and turnovers, Sparty should have a pretty easy time Saturday.

Exactly. I would throw 50+ times if I were playing the Gophers. And then throw some more!

if decker plays let weber start...if not, let gray start.

If Glen Mason were still coaching at UM I'd give the Gophers a good chance at victory, but Michigan State lives for playing teams like Brewster's Minnesota who can't defend or score. We have the best QB and WR in the Big Ten in Cousins and White, along with other talented skill players.

Our weakness on offense is our run blocking, but we've improved to average over the past few weeks. I've watched UM several times this year and I wasn't too impressed with your run defense, so the Spartans might be able to churn out some yards on the ground.

Defensively, we've gone from horrid to average to pretty good in a matter of weeks. We play a bend but don't break defense, and we rely on our opponent to have to make plays. We play hard and smart and rarely beat ourselves.

Michigan State may very well come out flat, but the Gophers will have to beat the Spartans if they want to win. We also have the best coach in the Big Ten in Mark Dantonio and he knows how to get the boys' minds right.

BTW, the original poster is a Michigan Walverine. Only a jackass would post some fire Dantonio website that the Walverine student section created. They are still pissed about the Richard Rodriguez hire. :cry:

SpartyOn how big of a factor in your offense would you say the screen and draw are? Minnesota's biggest weaknesses defensively seem to be gap control, weakside containment and over-pursuit. Do you expect Michigan State to work a lot of misdirection into their gameplan?

If Glen Mason were still coaching at UM I'd give the Gophers a good chance at victory, but Michigan State lives for playing teams like Brewster's Minnesota who can't defend or score. We have the best QB and WR in the Big Ten in Cousins and White, along with other talented skill players.

Our weakness on offense is our run blocking, but we've improved to average over the past few weeks. I've watched UM several times this year and I wasn't too impressed with your run defense, so the Spartans might be able to churn out some yards on the ground.

Defensively, we've gone from horrid to average to pretty good in a matter of weeks. We play a bend but don't break defense, and we rely on our opponent to have to make plays. We play hard and smart and rarely beat ourselves.

Michigan State may very well come out flat, but the Gophers will have to beat the Spartans if they want to win. We also have the best coach in the Big Ten in Mark Dantonio and he knows how to get the boys' minds right.

BTW, the original poster is a Michigan Walverine. Only a jackass would post some fire Dantonio website that the Walverine student section created. They are still pissed about the Richard Rodriguez hire. :cry:

Wow. Leave it to an MSU fan to bring up Michigan. You guys are obsessed.

I think we come out strong and beat your team 24-14. You have a solid QB (he'll get 2 TDs) but I think our fans will be rocking on Halloween night and be too much for MSU to handle. The Gophers are due for a break out game, and I think this is it!

"They seem to be coming apart at the seams."

Anyone who watched the Iowa game in full knows that's a completely idiotic statement. No turnovers by either team, one of the best, well played college football games I've seen in quite some time. They sure didn't look like a team coming apart at the seams to me.

"And there is even a site calling for their coach's head."

Wow, that's original. The idiot running that site must have forgotten about Bobby Williams and The Cowboy (John L. Smith).

Yes, by all means, MSU should fire a coach who in his 2nd season went 6-2 in the Big 10, beat Michigan back to back for the first time in over 40 years & had his team playing for a share of the conference title on the final weekend of the season. (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

josh087 says: Throw, throw, throw. I don't think I would call 10 runs in this game. Should be very easy to dissect the Gopher secondary, and barring penalties and turnovers, Sparty should have a pretty easy time Saturday.

Exactly. I would throw 50+ times if I were playing the Gophers. And then throw some more!

Here is the reason I'm hoping for 38 degrees and a cold rain.

I do think we play our best game of the season. Should be enough to win. Never thought this was gonna be an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyOn View Post
We have the best QB and WR in the Big Ten in Cousins and White.

You are incorrect...We do! Unfortunately one plays only 5 plays per game and the other is hurt ;-)

Well, the opening line is MSU -6 so there's already a built in excuse if the Gophers lose this game. It'll be OK since they weren't supposed to win...

I bet you are hoping we lose. You always seem to be happier when we do.

SpartyOn how big of a factor in your offense would you say the screen and draw are? Minnesota's biggest weaknesses defensively seem to be gap control, weakside containment and over-pursuit. Do you expect Michigan State to work a lot of misdirection into their gameplan?

Unfortunately, we rarely run any draws and screens, which are the two greatest plays in football. As for misdirection, we have a few counters and, of course, a ton of play action. We run one play where fake the hand off or pass one direction and then pitch it to the opposite side. It's the worst looking play in football, but we've actually had success running it.

HEY SPARTY ON--White's pretty good, but you can't seriously think he's better than Decker? That's just crazy talk

HEY SPARTY ON--White's pretty good, but you can't seriously think he's better than Decker? That's just crazy talk

If I had to pick a receiver to be on my team then Decker would be the man, but Blair White is playing the best football of any WR.

I agree that Mason's teams could score, but I don't think any Gopher fan will say they could defend.

I think we come out strong and beat your team 24-14. You have a solid QB (he'll get 2 TDs) but I think our fans will be rocking on Halloween night and be too much for MSU to handle. The Gophers are due for a break out game, and I think this is it!

Right, Mighigan State has never played in front of 50,000 fans on the road (make that 45,000 this Saturday).

Right, Mighigan State has never played in front of 50,000 fans on the road (make that 45,000 this Saturday).

still trolling and flaming with the best of them i see. what an exiciting life you lead. man, are you a loser! :rolleyes:

i think it is finally time to change that moniker of your's to read: "#1 INTERNET D-BAG"

The answer was yes! Now two more winnable games in a row and a chance to ruin Iowa's perfect season. It's gonna be a fun finish!

Top Bottom