Will we see anything new from Horton Saturday?

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
What could be done in a week? This is maybe our best shot at one more win. The Penn State QB's stats are as bad as Weber's.

Hopefully Horton will be a coach on the sideline, not a chest bumping cheerleader.

I hope to see Alipate or Gray play AT LEAST 5 downs total at the QB position; A full possession would be ideal.

I doubt we will see much new. This team needs to focus on getting the basics down.

Anything that differs too much would show just how much the coaching staff disagreed with Brewster. I guess I wouldn't expect to many things to change within 1 week.

Nope, the GopherHole will remain a chatroom of bitching, as usual.

IMO the focus needs to be figuring out a way to consistently get at least 3 to 4 yards on first down offensively, 3rd an long has been a killer all year.

IMO the focus needs to be figuring out a way to consistently get at least 3 to 4 yards on first down offensively, 3rd an long has been a killer all year.

1st down isn't the problem. 2nd down is the issue. We rarely throw on second down and our YPC on 2nd down terrible. So we gain 4 yards on first down and then go -1 or -2 on 2nd. That's where a large % of our 3rd and longs are coming from.

Horton quoted in paper, his job is to keep the team happy and focused and to try and keep the fifteen possible recruits. He is not going to recruit any more players. I guess we are in USC territory, the difference is the NCAA are limiting their number of recruits. He also said that the offense is not going to change. More of pound the rock! Hopefully the new great coach can get here soon and surprise us with a bunch of 5-star recruits.

If Brewster had turned the O & D over to the Coordinators because they were the strong X's and O's guys would you expect to see many schematic changes?

If Brewster had turned the O & D over to the Coordinators because they were the strong X's and O's guys would you expect to see many schematic changes?

No. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hope to see Alipate or Gray play AT LEAST 5 downs total at the QB position; A full possession would be ideal.

If he did this he would get so much love from the fans and the team. It would be a wise move to put in a Gray package for at least one set of downs.

If he did this he would get so much love from the fans and the team. It would be a wise move to put in a Gray package for at least one set of downs.

The key here is at least a full set of downs. I would prefer a full series. It drove me crazy last year to put Gray in at QB for just one play, and it was usually when the offense was having some success, which usually disrupted any positive rhythm.

The key here is at least a full set of downs. I would prefer a full series. It drove me crazy last year to put Gray in at QB for just one play, and it was usually when the offense was having some success, which usually disrupted any positive rhythm.

Whoops, I meant to say a series. I agree script 15 plays just for Gray.

nope
RUN RUN PASS

then again, maybe he'll be feeling wild so he might toss in 1 or two PASS RUN RUN or RUN PASS RUN but i doubt well see any PASS RUN PASS

I wouldn't make any wholesale changes, just focus on the basics. Discipline, and trusting your teammates, even if - especially if - you really can't trust them. When you decide that you have to be Superman, the other side has kryptonite.

That being said, if there are any trick plays out there, this would be the time to run them. No one's expecting us to win this game, so let's take some chances, fake punts, going for it, etc. Running's not working to well, let's challenge them deep.

Top Bottom