Will we be ranked?

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's tough to say. One win over a top 10 opponent and an undefeated record is nice, but if Michigan (7-2 with wins over TWO top 10 opponents) isn't ranked, I'm not sure we will be.

Top twenty-five, easily. Several others between 15 -25 lost this week. We are unbeaten. We beat a top 10 team fairly easily. We have Tubby Smith who lends credibility to our record, plus most everyone in B'Ball loves him.

21? 22?

We deserve as much. #9 team, and despite the anxiety of what seemed like the longest 2nd half in history, the game wasn't even tied since 11-11 (at least that's what the commentators said)...

Great win and way to close it out!

Win Against MSU will get ranking

Along with wins from the last two non-conference opponents. And if Myron doesn't vote for the Gophers this week, he needs to get a new job.

He actually has a vote?

That's disturbing.

I'll go with 21 or 22 in the polls.

Were we ever ranked with Monson at the helm?

2002?

I believe the Gophers should be ranked. Something in the 20-25 range ... switching spots with Davidson seems to be what would be fair.

I can't believe they would leave the Gophers unranked after being undefeated and beating a top-10 team.

The team was actually ranked in Monson's tenure. The Gophers were most recently ranked early in the 02-03 season, Rickert's sophomore season. 24th to start the season, as high as 17th, fell out after consecutive losses to Oregon and Texas Tech.

Lets see

You beat the number 9 team on a neutral court. You are undefeated. You should be a top 10 rated team at the very least.

You beat the number 9 team on a neutral court. You are undefeated. You should be a top 10 rated team at the very least.
You don't simply vault into a top 10 ranking when you are an unranked team. Honestly, if we beat Louisville today and #1 UNC tomorrow, we still wouldn't debut in the Top 10.

since LVILLE was # 9 and we are 10 - 0 ---- I'll go with # 19

I'll be really surprised if we're ranked. Like someone else said if Michigan wasn't beating two top five teams and in the latest poll we only had - 2 - votes, I just don't see vaulting into the rankings with this win. Great if it happens but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't.

As much as I believe basketball rankings essentially mean nothing, it would be nice to see a number next to our name. I guess we'll see.

Although I think we will be ranked as I mentioned above. I hope we are not - more fuel for the team's fire.

I think they will be at the most 23, but it is conceivable that since Louisville had just lost a couple of days prior, they will not be recognized in the top 25 at this time.

Gotta keep winning, and not for the rankings, but to continue to develop confidence!

I think it's tough to say. One win over a top 10 opponent and an undefeated record is nice, but if Michigan (7-2 with wins over TWO top 10 opponents) isn't ranked, I'm not sure we will be.

I believe the Gophers will be ranked between #22 and #25. They deserve it. But I'd almost rather they aren't ranked - the ranking would put true pressure on them for the first time since Tubby took over as coach. Just like the football team, it's possible that they won't accept that pressure well. On the other hand, the best teams in sports take that pressure and run with it, gliding with a sense of confidence, sometimes a bit of arrogance. If Tubby keeps their heads under control, I can't see a ranking harming them.

Louisville falls to 19 or 20 and we come in at 20 -23.

Go ahead and bet it.----------not much though

Didn't we receive two votes last week? That would be a nearly impossible leap up to #25.

Top Bottom