Will we always be a "Young" team

Rog

Reaction score
I HOPE SO!!

It seems that the newly recruited players in their 1st and mainly second year are moving out more senior players (Of course there are exceptions). If this is a trend, it means that the recruiting is getting much better and our younger players are getting well coached. I have no complaint if this is the reason that in the near future "we are a young team". I thought that this year we would not be able to say we are a "young team" but we are...

we won't be a young team next year haha. relatively anyways with 3 SR's and 2 JRs on the o line (if it were to hold from SJSU that is), a Jr or So RS QB, a Jr and 2 Srs at RB, a Jr or So at TE, and a cluster of Jrs and Sophs at Wr.

On D

2 Jrs and 2 Srs on the D line, at least 1 Sr and Jr at LB, and 2 Srs and 2 Jrs in the defensive backfield.

Needless to say, next year should be the most experienced team we've seen in quite a while

Kill has had to plug in a lot of guys, but I'm pretty confident that after one five-year cycle, we'll be pretty much like everyone else in terms of class/experience.

I like that he plays the best at each position.

There are a couple ways of looking at it. As for today, it is encouraging that we're replacing people with more capable people.

In college football, you are as good as your seniors. If you have a weak senior class, your team will be down. If you have a
strong one, then you should expect a better season. Hopefully we'll get to the point where we'll have strong ones on an ongoing basis.

The other side is that some coaches have perpetually young teams and don't last long. That's because the players they have aren't
being coached up, and the younger recruits get PT as a result. Then they don't get coached up, and then it starts again. That's when
a coach lasts only about 4-5 years max.

Top Bottom