Will Tubby get another HC gig?

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
I know that there are a lot of people on here who disagree with Tubby's firing. I, myself, agree with the firing, believing it was time for a change. Nothing against Tubby personally, but I do think that the game has passed him. This leads me to my question about whether people on this board think that Tubby will get another hc gig. I think that one can get a pretty good idea about whether a head coach is past his prime when no other program wants to hire said head coach.

Take Mason for instance, at the time of his firing a lot of people on here (and in the media, i.e. Mark Mays) disagreed with the firing. I, again, agreed with the termination. In addition, I think Macturi's decision to terminate Mason was validated when no FBS program hired Mason.*

In this instance, there are columnists and coaches (namely Izzo) who are coming out strongly against Tubby's firing. However, if Tubby is not given another HC gig, I think Norwood's decision to fire Tubby will be validated. Obviously, if Teague brings in a new HC that wins a national championship his decision will look like a stroke of genius.

*Yes, Brewster was a dumpster fire, but that is not the point of this thread.

If he wants to then yes, I'd see him at a mid major in a sunbelt state.

Any school hiring Tubby would be wise to require that none of the current coaching staff be included in the deal , with the possible exception of Vince Taylor.

My wife said it best - he needs to take some time off. He's burned out and fatigued, especially coming off his cancer fight. No issues with money obviously. Best to recharge his batteries and decide what he really wants to do with the rest of his working life.

Many think he shouldn't have been fired, so why wouldn't they hire him.

If he want to continue coaching. Somebody will hire him. Somebody in the big ten might even hire him. Isn't that a scary thought?

Top Bottom