Will the winner of this weeks game be ranked?

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I think YES. Whoever wins will be ranked 20-22 in the country. Would be nice to play our homecoming game vs. Purdue with a number next our name on the scoreboard.

I would think so, both are receiving votes. If it's a convincing win, we'd be ranked. A tight win and we may not. Any win for them would likely get them in (they have more votes and they are undefeated).

I think YES. Whoever wins will be ranked 20-22 in the country. Would be nice to play our homecoming game vs. Purdue with a number next our name on the scoreboard.

If Wisconsin wins, yes. They are receiving plenty of votes and will be in the 24-25 range if they beat us.

If we win, we won't be ranked, unless it's 55-0 or something like that. We have 0 points in the AP poll, and 2 points in the coaches' poll. It's next to impossible to go from that to ranked unless you beat a top 5 team.

My Guess is Wiscy has a shot to be ranked and we don't. We aren't getting the love. If Wiscy wins it will be evidence that they are indeed good. If we win it will be evidence that Wiscy isn't that good. At best we get a dozen votes.

without a victory over one of the big three we won't see a raniking this year. I hope I'm wrong. I think this game get's us on the radar, Purdue gets us close, and if we lose the next two we sink again. Our only shot without an upset win is if we defeat Ill and MSU after winning the next two. But it would be great. So I hope I'm wrong.

It really depends on what the other ranked teams do. If no lower ranked teams lose, then I don't think either one of us get in.

I agree with the general sentiment.

If Wisconsin wins they will probably be in the #23-25 spot (or among the 1st 2 or 3 in votes but not ranked).

If we win, we will get some votes in AP and a few more in USA Today/Coaches, but not enough to crack the top-25.

Personally, I hope we can go as long as possible with playing well and winning without getting a ranking. I would rather be the underdog with something to prove.

Gopher win -> on the cusp of top 25. That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

We all know what happens when this team has a number next to their name.

Better chance if Cal hadn't been stomped on last week.

I concur. Wisconsin is within a striking distance of a ranking in the 20's. The Gophers need to string another couple wins together to crack the polls.

I think if the Gophs do infact dominate this game they will be right at 25, but oregon didnt help us much!

Top Bottom