Will the players play for a lame duck coach?

gopherweirdo

Banned
Reaction score
Now that Brew is officially gone, will the players fight hard and try to get him another W or will they be down and just go through the motions?

I think Brew should leave and have someone take over as an interim coach. Having him on the sidelines just adds to the negativity of the program.

They will play hard for him, just watch. I have no issues letting him finish out the season. That seems to be the way it's done in college FB if you need to make a move before the season is over.

They haven't played for him when he was not a lame duck coach. Why would it be any different?

Interesting

1) I think the players on the whole really do like Brewster and they have and will continue to play hard for him.
2) Would also be surprised if Brew stuck around once this becomes public.
3) I'll be very interested to hear Brew's comments about the Minnesota job in general once he leaves.

Now that Brew is officially gone, will the players fight hard and try to get him another W or will they be down and just go through the motions?

I think Brew should leave and have someone take over as an interim coach. Having him on the sidelines just adds to the negativity of the program.

I can understand your point, but to be honest, the point is moot. The point is that the university has recognized the mess that Maturi and Brewster have created with the football program. As such, we are now left to deal with the mess for awhile, whether it was with Brewster firmly under contract or after having been let go. Realizing this, whether the team wins another game or not the rest of the way is of little consequence. Essentially, the university has determined that the situation is so out of hand that they'd rather lose the rest of this year with a lame duck rather than allow him to continue on into next year while on the current course. That fact alone renders the rest of this year irrevelant, at least in the minds of the U's administrators.

Maybe now he'll be free to experiment with more options at QB, cuz oyu know its not like hes on the hot seat or anything...

I, for one, feel a great sense of relief now that I know he will not be coming back. I also am glad he is finishing out the year, because it is lost, let's face it. Like it or not, this is Brew's crew, and having an interim coach at this point would just be distracting and uncomfortable.

Let the search begin for the next head ball coach!!!! Should be tremendously exciting!! ;) ;)

I, for one, feel a great sense of relief now that I know he will not be coming back. I also am glad he is finishing out the year, because it is lost, let's face it. Like it or not, this is Brew's crew, and having an interim coach at this point would just be distracting and uncomfortable.

Let the search begin for the next head ball coach!!!! Should be tremendously exciting!! ;) ;)

Let us not forget, the search for a new hockey coach will soon be under way also. Should be interesting

Let us not forget, the search for a new hockey coach will soon be under way also. Should be interesting

They shouldn't have to search too far for the next hockey coach, he and his staff were on the other bench tonight.

They shouldn't have to search too far for the next hockey coach, he and his staff were on the other bench tonight.

My only issue with Blais is his age, but he is definitely a great coach.

Top Bottom