Will Tanner Morgan become the Gophers all-time passing and/or passing TDs leader in 2022?

Will Tanner Morgan become the Gophers all-time passing and TD leader in 2022?

• Yes

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Will he do it in 50 games? Do you think the yardage record as well?
It would be more than amazing for a QB on a strong running team to hold any career passing records let alone all of them.

Yeah, both would be a stretch, I think. If he stays on his current attempts/TD ratio, he'll get that one easily...in lees than 1200 attempts if my math is correct.

Have to believe Morgan will get between 300-340 pass attempts (maybe more if they win the west) let’s say 8.5 to 9.0 ypa. Yep, he’ll need to average on the higher side of those numbers to break the yardage record, Maybe Fleck goes hog wild and they average something like 27 or 28 or…even 29 attempts per game. If that happens the margin should be more comfortable. I am bullish on the passing game finding a better groove this year.

Morgan hasn't been hurt. Odds are high that he will be somewhere along the line.
Morgan has played through an awful lot of injuries during his time as a starter including ankle, knee, and head injuries that we're aware of. He's pretty tough so I'm not sure that I would expect him to miss time.

Also, are we even sure that Athan is the next man up? Kramer may very well be the next guy on the field if Morgan goes down and has quietly built up a pretty significant amount of game experience over the last year.

Weber played in 50 games, Morgan 43. Their respective stats:

Weber
50 games
1594 attempts
57.0 comp rate
6.8 ypa
72 TDs
51 interceptions
123.1 passer rating

Morgan
43 games
903 attempts
61.4 completion rate
8.9 ypa
56 TDs
27 interceptions
150.9 passer rating

Weber suffered under Jedd Fisch. Morgan suffered under Sanford (as did we all). I expect Morgan to not only break Weber’s records but by a comfortable margin. Fair to argue who is “better” as running ability matters to some degree. Will Ciarrocca undo the damage to the offense - magic 8 ball says yes.

Of interest to me is whether phenom Knuth will overtake Kaliakmanis in the eye of the coaches. There can be only one…
Now do Leidner!

Morgan has played through an awful lot of injuries during his time as a starter including ankle, knee, and head injuries that we're aware of. He's pretty tough so I'm not sure that I would expect him to miss time.

Also, are we even sure that Athan is the next man up? Kramer may very well be the next guy on the field if Morgan goes down and has quietly built up a pretty significant amount of game experience over the last year.
Kramer is not the next QB up. He is situational.

Top Bottom