Will Our New Highly Ethical Culture Allow any of the Ten Players Back?

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
I don't see how Fleck can have a no tolerance policy and allow any of these guys back. What if he dies and there was ever an incident remotely close to this? Although he's a Christian so there may be a chance on the forgiveness angle.

I think they are all gone.

I don't think your post was nearly as clever as you thought it was.

I think it depends on what happens at the up coming hearing. I understand at least one of the ten claims he wasn't even there.

I don't think your post was nearly as clever as you thought it was.

If he actually thought it was clever (which I have a hard time believing) then you are absolutely correct.

The suspensions will follow closely the results of the appeals.

I think TC was the pound of flesh needed. the 4 directly involved are sure to be gone, regardless of any holes they punch with their defense. I do think, based on what has gotten out, there are 3-4 of the suspended who have a good shot, even with a stacked deck. EOAA will look for a little cover and try to get out of the spot light.

Now, I don't expect the punishments or the appeals process to show any semblance of "fairness". However, even in their reports, it really seems to come down to consent. I could be wrong, but they weren't in trouble for underage drinking or anything to do with the recruit. It all revolved around the idea of consent. If it were entirely fair, I wouldn't be shocked, at all, if they were to not be punished. To put it another way, I don't know if this woman would make any money if she sued these guys (also preponderance of the evidence).

That said, at this point, the university simply cannot let the 4 walk. Their feet are to the fire by that certain crowd. At least that is what the U thinks. So, I think there is little doubt that the 4 are gone. I hope I'm wrong, I hope the appeals process is fair, but I don't think that the U could politically afford to really give the appeal a chance.

So I think the 4 are gone.
I think Winfield is gone.

We might keep 2-3 of the other 5.

I think TC was the pound of flesh needed. the 4 directly involved are sure to be gone, regardless of any holes they punch with their defense. I do think, based on what has gotten out, there are 3-4 of the suspended who have a good shot, even with a stacked deck. EOAA will look for a little cover and try to get out of the spot light.

We have fueled the fire of the EoAA. You're 100% right. They're fascists, plain and simple. There is blood in the water now, fascists don't simply say "well, we agree with that process, let's go back to normal". That crowd is going to be relentless (hence the dumb question at the presser and the article in the strib right away).

We have fueled the fire of the EoAA. You're 100% right. They're fascists, plain and simple. There is blood in the water now, fascists don't simply say "well, we agree with that process, let's go back to normal". That crowd is going to be relentless (hence the dumb question at the presser and the article in the strib right away).

Political animals know when to deal to stay around. I'm a little more optimistic on Winfield Jr. if PJ can get in between Sr. and his disdain of Coyle. Hopefully he's already talked to both Jr. and Sr.

I honestly hope the U screws all 10 over so those guys can get paid and the U can get fixed.

Without question the PC crowd will never allow the issue to be resolved in a fair hearing. A logical result would be for our illustrious President to dismiss the present EOAA members, assign new membership and demand an approach that considers the evidence not heresay- like in a court room.

Without question the PC crowd will never allow the issue to be resolved in a fair hearing. A logical result would be for our illustrious President to dismiss the present EOAA members, assign new membership and demand an approach that considers the evidence not heresay- like in a court room.

Kaler has already said there would be a more "diverse" group conducting the hearings. That means some of the former group will be out.

You've got the P.C. crowd, racists, Iowa and Wisconsin trolls, and the hate the U and all "government" bodies out there. They will still be flooding the internet with "get rid of them" or "get rid of them ANYWAY" remarks.

Only slightly heartening thing is all the comments at the Strib on the "I'm a GENIOUS" story with Kaler. Yesterday and today, that section was flooded with posts going after Kaler for how he handled the mess.

Slightly heartening because some could have just been trolls too.

All that said, a lot of them were well reasoned. And on the Strib at that. :eek:

Considering that the U under Coyle and Kaler is now positioning itself as the bastion of morality in college sports, it will be very difficult for any of the "Gopher 10" to come away from the proceedings with no punishment. They would have to be completely exonerated by some new evidence - or the accuser recanting at least part of her story. (i.e. agreeing that player "X" was not present) Remember, the code of conduct covers things like lying or misleading the EOAA investigation - so the U can claim that the players who were not directly involved in the sexual antics still violated the code of conduct.

At best, I think 2 or 3 players may have the chance to return after sitting out some type of suspension - maybe a few games or something like that. But my cynical nature tells me that Kaler will never allow any of the "10" to ever play FB again at the U. He will find some excuse to keep them out, because it might damage his new image as the almighty protector of women - and their presence on the team would be a constant reminder of "the incident."

One way or another, they are all gone. Which will be very unfair to several of the players - but they will wind up as collateral damage in the holy mission to "change the culture" of the program.

Considering that the U under Coyle and Kaler is now positioning itself as the bastion of morality in college sports, it will be very difficult for any of the "Gopher 10" to come away from the proceedings with no punishment. They would have to be completely exonerated by some new evidence - or the accuser recanting at least part of her story. (i.e. agreeing that player "X" was not present) Remember, the code of conduct covers things like lying or misleading the EOAA investigation - so the U can claim that the players who were not directly involved in the sexual antics still violated the code of conduct.

At best, I think 2 or 3 players may have the chance to return after sitting out some type of suspension - maybe a few games or something like that. But my cynical nature tells me that Kaler will never allow any of the "10" to ever play FB again at the U. He will find some excuse to keep them out, because it might damage his new image as the almighty protector of women - and their presence on the team would be a constant reminder of "the incident."

One way or another, they are all gone. Which will be very unfair to several of the players - but they will wind up as collateral damage in the holy mission to "change the culture" of the program.
Sad, but true.

If it's true and a couple of the players were in their rooms on face time and such they should absolutely be allowed back.maybe they chimed in on the text messages as a way to stay in the group, not necessarily as part of the group. If so, that's a big difference and they should be allowed back.

Still haven't found any new poly sci terms to throw around yet? Do you even know what fascism is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still haven't found any new poly sci terms to throw around yet? Do you even know what fascism is?

No, this one fits perfectly.

I call a cat a cat. I call a dog a dog. I call fascists, well, fascists.

I sure do know what fascism is. You're free to substantively argue how the EoAA is not fascist if you'd like. We can have a dialogue on it.

Yep. The feminazi community is in full blitzkrieg.

Perhaps they are waiting to hear what the folks from Lady Parts Justice have to say on the issue before making a final determination (yes, it's real, I actually saw a rep from the group on the news the other day; I'm not making it up, I swear).

Top Bottom