Will Maroon Madness become a tradition?

Mitu

Reaction score
I was reflecting on how incredible the atmosphere was for the PSU game and was wondering if we make it our “big home game” tradition (a la PSU’s whiteout). Gold rally towels and all maroon. Could see us trotting it out for the Michigan game this year.

There seemed to be a lot of folks pretty skeptical of the maroon out but I thought it was surprisingly consistent as far as participating on gameday.

It's possible. It'd only become a tradition is we win a second year in a row though.

I like it. Plus if they ever do it against a red team, it would drown out their colors.

Keep winning. It will be maroon all day.

Its no longer maroon, they've adopted sort of a purplish vermillion now for many years. So technically, Vermillion and Gold, not Maroon and Gold. But I don't care if they wear pink and yellow and psychedelic green, as long as they're winning.

Its but a quibble but sort of interesting.

There seemed to be a lot of folks pretty skeptical of the maroon out but I thought it was surprisingly consistent as far as participating on gameday.
It did seem to work ok, but let’s be fair. There were a lot of skeptics who were skeptical based on the 100% failure rate of similar attempts in the past.

I think the failed attempts in the past were mostly "gold outs" and I think more people have maroon clothes than gold, especially cold/cooler weather clothes.

Its no longer maroon, they've adopted sort of a purplish vermillion now for many years. So technically, Vermillion and Gold, not Maroon and Gold. But I don't care if they wear pink and yellow and psychedelic green, as long as they're winning.

Stop with this. Nobody wants the brown color that you long for. You don't need to bring it up every time you hear the word "maroon".

I think the failed attempts in the past were mostly "gold outs" and I think more people have maroon clothes than gold, especially cold/cooler weather clothes.

Yes, a Gold Out is September, a Maroon Out in November.

Vermillion...really...WTF are you? Quit bitchin for once.

Stop with this. Nobody wants the brown color that you long for. You don't need to bring it up every time you hear the word "maroon".
Seriously.

That old dirty brown maroon was less maroon than anything else .. and it sucked.

Color me wins! I don't care what color.

For the record exposure to maroon madness has a slight chance that it could develop into space madness....

Consult your doctor if you have any concerns.

Ironic that what breaks up the maroon-out on the TV screen is the gold-colored chairback seats if not occupied.

Of course the answer is for these seats to be filled. This was not a problem for PSU.

Stop shopping at fleet farm where the color is lost after your 1st wash. its always been Maroon and it always will.

Top Bottom